Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Something may be off here...  (Read 4894 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Something may be off here...
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it all spruced up!  :)

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »
I wonder, if the man had 4 of them, if he sold complete grills made out of tops and bottoms from the best ones....

how did the grates, legs and ash pans look?  do the colors match and lids fit? 

pictures or it didn't happen   :)

The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Something may be off here...
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »
I will have some pics in a bit, gotta clean the legs and ash pan still. I'm pretty happy with it actually. I have a story to add to it as well, pics will help that though....

Will try to get it fixed up quickly

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »
Well lets get the fun stuff out of the way... Pictures! Excuse her she just got out of the shower

So today I find a deal on what I thought was a wood handle 18.5 and jumbo smokey joe 18.5 for $40.  I jump in the car and finally get there when I see the 18.5 is actually a 22.5 year model P.

I pay the man and come home, my brother decides he wants the new 22.5 I brought home today and I would take the other. He said take the wooden handles and ash pan, I will make new handles and buy an ash pan for mine.

Sweet I have all the parts I need to rebuild my kettle and he's happy with his 93 OTS. 

I sanded and refinished the handles but I think I want a other color on them these are rather dark for my liking.

The ash pan needs more work but I'm out of steel wool and on the boarder of being left on the side of the road by my wife. So it will do until I get home to Nashville.

I'm pretty happy I think I may fire it up tomorrow sometime!

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 05:37:10 PM »
Totally forgot to mention the bottom bowl is marked O on the vents so if that is the year of the bowl it may be a mismatch setup. Or they were using the previous years vents to get rid of stock.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 05:43:30 PM »
Totally forgot to mention the bottom bowl is marked O on the vents so if that is the year of the bowl it may be a mismatch setup. Or they were using the previous years vents to get rid of stock.

:)) I was just going to say that.... That's more than likely knowing Weber. Yours might be an early '93. It makes sense that they wouldn't want to waste good parts. That's what they did with handles and ash pans in the late 70s and early 80s. Lots of transitional parts then.

Nice job on the clean up. Handle straightened out nice too! :D

It's got many more years of service left in it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:45:07 PM by Craig »

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 06:01:08 PM »
Thanks Craig! I used a rubber mallet to straighten the handle out.

I haven't cooked on a bar-b-kettle yet I'm looking forward to seeing how the air works. I actually really like this grill. Now my brother and I both have "p" kettles and that's pretty cool to me.

I will post his when its cleaned up, and my jumbo joe is tomorrow's job.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
Sidetrack - What year/model is your HD?  Sure looks like a 21" front wheel.  I've got an '05 Wide Glide
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »
Bman I wish that was mine! That's my brother's 05 sporty 1200 custom with batwing fairing.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
I prefer cooking on the daisy wheels for temp control. But prefer cleaning on a One Touch...  :)

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 04:14:47 AM »
That's how my SJS is...out of the box the top and bottom vents were mismatched....the bottom with the previous year date stamp.

Nice looking daisy wheel! 
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 04:15:07 AM »