Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thermoworks SIGNALS - 4 probes + WiFi + BT  (Read 1717 times)

beginner

• Happy Cooker
Re: Thermoworks SIGNALS - 4 probes + WiFi + BT
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »
@HoosierKettle , i totally get what your saying,  allow me to back pedal a bit. All I'm saying is that the wi-fi is informational only.. now if we had wi-fi enabled dampers and automatic coal feeders, wi-fi would be awesome, just that by the time the changes are happening, it's probably too late if you're not close by. The kettles and WSM's really are almost set it and forget it, but if the wi-fi is whats adding a $100 to the price, not so much worth it...

Think it just depends on your environment.  Regular RF / bluetooth units have pretty useless range in my case even though I'm usually not more than a short walk away.  I do have really great wifi coverage though so I can get a rock solid connection through that.  They cost a fair a bit more and need to charge but I don't have too much of a choice.  On the other hand they aren't so great if I'm away from wifi, so I have a smoke as well which has been a really handy unit

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Thermoworks SIGNALS - 4 probes + WiFi + BT
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 01:08:41 PM »
I really wish they would've introduced a radio receiver like the smoke with the ability to edit parameters on the receiver. Also the ability add wifi like you can on the smoke. The smoke is solid, just missing two more probes for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Does this not let you edit parameters on the Signal via WiFi or BT?  I would presume with the smarts in the base unit that parameters would be updateable from the app.

That is the weak link on the smoke, not being able to update the device from the app.