Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thanksgiving brisket  (Read 204 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Thanksgiving brisket
« on: November 24, 2022, 01:58:43 AM »
Friend asked me to do this large brisket for the get together at his house later on today. Trimmed about 5+lbs of fat and yuck off of it and put it on my SmokeFire. Right at 12 hours at the moment and it’s stalled at 148 degrees. Once it gets to 160, I’m going to wrap it in foil. A few pics just in case I forget later on. Used Killer hogs AP seasoning/ and black pepper. Might have gone a little heavy on the seasoning, but brisket is kind-of bland imo. Kind of a sloppy pan picture, but I was in a hurry to get it cut up and out of the kitchens way. Probably the best brisket I’ve ever done. Did it on my SmokeFire at 225 for right at about 18 hours. Then transferred to my oven for another hour or so because I was running out of time. Wrapped in towels and into the cooler for about three hours until slicing time. The tip of the flat was ok, but the middle of the flat and the point was melt in your mouth tender and so juicy!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 07:40:04 AM by bbqking01 »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Thanksgiving brisket
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 05:48:11 AM »
Looking good!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 09:29:52 AM »
Very nice cook that smoke ring is what is all about, the juice in that meat is killer. you can cook one of these for me anytime.

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 03:45:46 AM »
Beautiful!