Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beef tenderloin, pork loin, 2 dizzy chickens and a pile of turds  (Read 1318 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
I did a lot of cooking Friday and Saturday for a friends party.  I did 2 chickens on my rotisserie, a 3.5lb beef tenderloin, a 7lb pork loin and a bunch of bacon wrapped jalapeņo poppers (aka Turds). 

The beef filet was rubbed with a local "Steak Mojo" rub then cooked in the sous vide for 3 hours at 131 degrees.  Then refrigerated over night.

The pork loin was rubbed with the pork rub I always use on ribs and pulled pork.  It's a good combination of sweet and heat.  I'll put the link to the recipe for the rub below.  The pork loin cooked in the sous vide at 142.5 degrees for 3 hours then refrigerated over night. 

Saturday morning I added a little more rub to the beef and pork then smoked them until they came back up to their 130 for the beef and almost 140 for the pork.  I rested both in the oven while other things cooked.  I did not do a final sear in the Kirk loin but I did do a sear on the beef tenderloin.  I used Weber Briquettes and my Slow-n-sear for the smoke and the final sear. 

I also did two chickens on my rotisserie.  I was hoping to do the Peruvian rub that I use quite a bit but was out of an ingredient and went with Weber Beer Can Seasoning.   Both chickens were heavily rubbed then Luton the rotisserie until the thigh temp was around 170. 

Last but not least I made turds.  Jalapeņos halved and scraped out (seeds and ribs) then filled with cream cheese mixed with brown sugar and diced onion   Next they are topped with a cheddar lil smokies then wrapped in bacon.   They were smoked for 2 hours at around 250.  I forgot to put a drip pan in the grill so I have quite a mess to clean up in that grill.

I kept everything wrapped up in foil trays in a cooler for transporting and holding temp.  Everything turned out great.

I did add a little kosher salt.

Oops. Forgot a drip pan for the turds!

Finally pulled the trigger on a slicing knife last week.  It worked really well and I have no regrets on buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Beef tenderloin, pork loin, 2 dizzy chickens and a pile of turds
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
If anyone is trying to read the towel on my sous vide in a couple of the pics....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »
Awesome cook again!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
Nicely done!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 04:36:19 AM »
Looks amazing!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:52:43 AM »
That's a lot of great looking chow!

apt323