Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer ID Help  (Read 4045 times)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer ID Help
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
how would you guys tackle the light rust forming in the bottom gray wire shelf?  Is there a certain product/technique  you'd use?

CLR
Still need a 22” yellow

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 03:29:20 AM »
I suggest a new lid bale, large size.  The new one will come with new rollers.
I've entered the part number and can't find them online.  I like the black color as well on the 2015 lid bale.
Thanks @zavod44

I like that "easy-access" charcoal bin/trash can. But in case you want to replace the table along with the newer lid bale ...

65189      Metal table, Performer, silver vein '15
65188      Hardware, tuck away lid holder '15   

When ordering the table, make sure the CSR reads down to the bottom of the page.  There's a note that tells them if the metal table is to replace a Thermoset table, then they need to include: 
65197      Charcoal bin chain, Performer                   
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 06:59:23 AM »
Nice score!  Hope the price was right ….

Oh she's 100% getting a metal table. Naturally ☺️

Naturally would be making a custom wood table for it …. Something to consider.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 07:07:36 AM »
Nice score!  Hope the price was right ….

Oh she's 100% getting a metal table. Naturally ☺️

Naturally would be making a custom wood table for it …. Something to consider.

While I admire the looks of the custom wooden tables, after I got a metal table for my other performer, I really dig the looks and ease of cleaning them.

On top of that I'm useless with power tools.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 07:38:53 AM »
Steel wool, maybe wire brush. If it was painted before I'd repaint to match.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

jeh_ar21

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 07:40:18 AM »
Issues:
Partially melted bale rollers

I'm guessing  this is the beginning stages of rust.  Do you guys think steel wool will do the trick here?

And then the table which I plan to replace with the metal one-

i have brandnew prior 2015 lid bale with hardware.pm me if you are interested

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 02:27:12 PM »
Other than the cracked table I knew this Performer had good bones. She was pretty much scratch free, the bowl was regularly cleaned by the previous owner but she just needed to be scraped down and buffed up.
Before and after pics-

There was a little bit of surface rust on the wire shelf on the bottom .  When I was at the owners house I scratched at it with my fingernail and saw that it came right off so I knew it would clean up nicely.  The broken table surface was a bit of a concern but I knew where I could get one.

Will you look at the inside of that bowl shine after an hour or so with the razor scraper and steel wool?

After cleaning the bowl thoroughly, the lid got some love with some steel wool and soapy water.  Just like new! Before and after-

The lid vent was a little dirty but again some dish soap on the steel wool did the trick-

Thanks to Weber Kettle Club Forum Member @TheDude for suggesting CLR cleaner to knock off the surface rust on the bottom wire rack shelf.  Again, just like new before and after-

Big time thanks to all the  Weber Kettle Club Members that have helped with suggestions and information.  This is a really fun group of people and make the hobby so enjoyable.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 02:32:57 PM »
Wow! That cleaning looks fantastic.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 02:48:30 PM »
how would you guys tackle the light rust forming in the bottom gray wire shelf?  Is there a certain product/technique  you'd use?
They clean up easier then you think. I did one last summer, I forget how to be honest but I have another one to soon. I will try steel wool first.

By the war not sure how f it was already said, but those Crimson performers were sold by ACE hardware. Not sure if they were exclusive but that's the sources I've seen.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP