Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Diner Green  (Read 610 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Diner Green
« on: May 13, 2022, 12:26:30 PM »
Weberitis got the best of me....and what kind of kettle nut would I be if I didn't get one of these - at least so I could review it and share my experience here.  I already have yellows, blues and a weathered warrior but no green kettles except for a lime smokey joe.  So there, I talked myself into one of these.  Build quality seems up to par or at least as expected, no finish issues on the bowl or lid, only complaint are the scratches on the triangle tray that rode the trip to my house laying upside down at the bottom of the box laying on the lid bale which scratched it pretty good.  I'll live with that.  The handles would not fit the custom lid strap I have from members here and they will probably be changed out with Zavod44 attire.  Lid has to be pressed on to sit flat, grate is bent a little with center piece rocking in it's circle.  All good, it still makes me appreciate my older kettles that have a lid and bowl that seem to be made for each other with little effort.  That solid easy feel of sitting the lid down on my '69 Statesman is unmistakable and cannot be imitated even by the original manufacturer.  I do like this color of green though and will be a nice addition to the collection. 

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: Diner Green
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »
Weberitis works in mysterious ways! Love the color, congrats!

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 12:33:25 PM »
Congratulations! It looks awesome.
But you're not helping me at all! I kept looking at the Hot Rod Yellow last night...I see me falling into their trap.

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 01:06:21 PM »
That color has a definite 1950's look to it. Sure looks nice among its older brothers. As 502BBQ says "But you're not helping me at all!" I had made my mind up I was not going to spend the money on one but now. . .
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 01:55:01 PM »
Looks good. I haven’t seen one in person, only the blue and gray. Which they set aside one of each for me, yellow is on the way and green yet to be shipped. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 01:59:21 PM »
Awesome!!! I'm gonna pick up a Green aswell!!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 03:06:54 PM »
Very nice. Did you order direct from Weber, or get it from a retailer?
I've been holding off, hoping to save a few bucks with Lowes, but I'm running out of patience.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 03:12:33 PM »
Thanks all!  I’m pretty stoked about it.  @OkieGirl I ordered direct from Weber, automatically registered to me that way.  After assembling it I looked at my Glen Blue (Marilyn) and felt bad because she was so dirty.  I cleaned the lid which was the most neglected and now she’s all shined up again.

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 03:02:21 PM »
Love it looks awesome much more shiny finish than webers web sight makes it look more Matt finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBQ to live live to BBQ

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 05:28:46 PM »
Very nice Greg! Your Weber room is filling up fast.
I’m still trying to talk myself into buying a diner green. I don’t know where I’d store it.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 05:35:43 PM »

Very nice Greg! Your Weber room is filling up fast.
I’m still trying to talk myself into buying a diner green. I don’t know where I’d store it.
Thanks Robert.  My last two acquisitions are in the living room, we’ll see how long patience is granted from the little lady….. I now have them out in the yard as well.  Good news is I’ve sold two and working on a deal on another sell.  Gassers lol….

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 05:55:25 PM »

Thanks all!  I’m pretty stoked about it.  @OkieGirl I ordered direct from Weber, automatically registered to me that way.  After assembling it I looked at my Glen Blue (Marilyn) and felt bad because she was so dirty.  I cleaned the lid which was the most neglected and now she’s all shined up again.

Im really confused why this Glen Blue 26” kettle has a welded handle. I thought they were all tacos? What am I missing?

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 06:13:11 PM by RRRanger99 »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 06:32:40 PM »
Did the same with my ivory and diner green….

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.