Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cornucopia of meat  (Read 1446 times)

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
Cornucopia of meat
« on: December 21, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
Decided to do chicken for my upcoming work week. I do a large batch then freeze it and take it to work. Well, I couldn’t let the Weber charcoal go to waste, so I decided to do some med-rare steaks and some turkey sausage for some bangers and mash later. I know, I know, I bet some limeys in the group are probably cringing at turkey sausage for bangers and mash but we don’t have the exact sausage here in Cali. I used rib rack (pictured) for the chicken with apple wood.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cornucopia of meat
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 03:29:51 PM »
Who cares?! Everything is better on a Weber! Great job,

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 04:44:09 PM »
Hey, as long as the sausage is in a natural casing that cracks when cooking it is technically a "banger"

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »

Hey, as long as the sausage is in a natural casing that cracks when cooking it is technically a "banger"

Did not know that. Thanks Darko!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 05:04:13 PM »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 05:49:19 PM »
Seems.grate to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
Here's an interesting site; https://www.englishbreakfastsociety.com/bangers.html

Interesting read Darko. Glad to see you being more active lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 06:13:33 AM »
Learned something new today - thanks!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 06:17:05 AM »
Here's an interesting site; https://www.englishbreakfastsociety.com/bangers.html
I love a good history lesson, pretty neat
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 08:50:30 PM »

Thanks. I haven't been that active lately, just because the collecting hasn't been very active.  The cooking bits... I've never been one to post pics of cooks just because. I mean how many pics of ribs, burgers, steaks............... whatever do you need to see.

I'll be around, and try to post interesting bits about food history, and other completely politically incorrect shit, just to keep everyone on there toes.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 02:50:09 AM »

Thanks. I haven't been that active lately, just because the collecting hasn't been very active.  The cooking bits... I've never been one to post pics of cooks just because. I mean how many pics of ribs, burgers, steaks............... whatever do you need to see.

I'll be around, and try to post interesting bits about food history, and other completely politically incorrect shit, just to keep everyone on there toes.
I am ready for some of your politically incorrect shit again !!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Cornucopia of meat
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 05:09:06 AM »

I too am glad to see you posting.

I haven’t been collecting for over a year but I still like to participate. Mainly because there’s always something new to learn about and all the folks on here are so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 05:11:08 AM by HoosierKettle »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 05:35:02 AM »
Also glad to see vw posting. Food looks good. I need to get back to making my lunches for the week. I’ve been surviving off of the Costco hot dog and a drink for $1.50

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »

Also glad to see vw posting. Food looks good. I need to get back to making my lunches for the week. I’ve been surviving off of the Costco hot dog and a drink for $1.50

Those hot dogs are good. Its not bad to survive off of.

Rollin coal

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 05:18:23 AM »
Well this is the WKC. I love seeing pics of everyone’s cooks. More pics, more inspiration, even if I have plenty already.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club