Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Taking your Weber goodness to go. How do you do it?  (Read 1992 times)

Hacksaw

• Smokey Joe
Re: Taking your Weber goodness to go. How do you do it?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
Quick pic of what’s in my coal wga.
Small starter. 2 bags briquettes. Craycourt grills. Firefighter and matches. Fire starting blocks. Scraper. Tongs. Knife. Towel. Salt and pepper shaker. Seasoning tub. Chopping board. Towel.

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
I had a get together on Saturday and actually bought a Jumbo Joe to take, but decided to pack up my MT instead. Good choice since a couple extra people turned up. It was surprisingly easy to disassemble and pack in the car. I'm a little bummed the legs are now loose, but I gather I can tighten them up with either the broom handle or tape methods, so I wouldn't have any qualms about taking it with me again.
What's the broom and tape method for the legs?  As I on occasion transport like this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bob_McBob

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 11:46:01 AM »
What's the broom and tape method for the legs?  As I on occasion transport like this

Basically either using a broom handle or similar object to flare out the leg tube from the inside, or adding a few wraps of metallic HVAC tape. Either method helps them stay snug in the leg sockets to minimize wobbling.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
I don’t bother with a chimney anymore when on the road. A pile of coals and a few strategically positioned starters will work just fine. In my case, I use grease soaked folded paper towels that were used to wipe my cast iron skillet. Perfect circle of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »

Basically either using a broom handle or similar object to flare out the leg tube from the inside, or adding a few wraps of metallic HVAC tape. Either method helps them stay snug in the leg sockets to minimize wobbling.

If you happen to have round handled ratchet or use a Craftsman one and it works   Great however make sure you're not using one that has the knurled handles or anything like that just a round smooth handle stick it down in the hole the way in kind of wallow around a little bit at a time and task hit the leg until it fits snug I have like I said an old Craftsman ratchet that I used to fix the legs on my easy code 3 Wheeler a broom handle is probably a badd name forward because most broom handles were too big really just a small piece of dowel or like I said I should handle works perfect
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »
Quick pic of what’s in my coal wga.
Small starter. 2 bags briquettes. Craycourt grills. Firefighter and matches. Fire starting blocks. Scraper. Tongs. Knife. Towel. Salt and pepper shaker. Seasoning tub. Chopping board. Towel.

Wow...  That's a lot of stuff crammed in a tiny grill. I'd love to see a video of you playing well effectively barbecue tetris.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:11:14 AM by dbhost »
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

tibas92017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »
Can't say enough good things about my "Weber Smoky Joe Silver" with custom "Grill Grates" which I bought new in the year 2016!

Just yesterday I grilled a T-Bone, one(1) Johnsonville Italian Sausage and a large tomato dipped in olive oil all at the same time using only one(1) Weber Small chimney full of Costa Rica local charcoal which all cooked to perfection in less than twenty(20) minutes.  I use this grill more often than my Weber 22" Mastertouch and WSM and I grill at least two(2) times a week. Regarding the "Johnsonville" Brand; their Hot Chorizo is one great product on the Weber Grill!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:15:44 PM by tibas92017 »

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 07:12:01 AM »
Grilled Chorizo? Do tell....

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 11:17:14 AM »
This is how we do it...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »
Forgot the best one.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:25:03 AM by charred »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers