Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Go To Charcoal Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes  (Read 2619 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: New Go To Charcoal Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 05:06:25 AM »
Based on your earlier comment, I figured these likely captured you thoughts.
I remember the first time reading on her about Kingsford containing whatever % of wood (pretty low), which makes you wonder what the heck else is in there then.
regards,
Hal

PorkPatrol

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 05:17:12 AM »
This stuff is a bit pricey at $20 for 18lbs but man is it good. I got turned onto it when I noticed they used it at my local Brazilian BBQ joint. He offered to sell me a bag right then and there and said if I hopped on his next tractor trailer order I’d get the restaurant rate. Minimal dust. Consistent size. Burns hot and tastes damn good.

https://www.fogocharcoal.com

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »
Is this any different? It's from Lowes. Where does one purchase the Chef Select at?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 07:47:03 AM »
In my area I can only get chefs select at Do It Best hardware stores. Order online and ships to the store.

My problem with that stuff is the packaging. Large 40lb bags aren’t too easy to dump in a chimney or grill. It would probably be different if I had a couple charcoal caddy’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 10:35:29 AM »
In my area I can only get chefs select at Do It Best hardware stores. Order online and ships to the store.

My problem with that stuff is the packaging. Large 40lb bags aren’t too easy to dump in a chimney or grill. It would probably be different if I had a couple charcoal caddy’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My local store only  stock 20# chef select bags so it much more manageable. What you can do is use a 5gal buckets for your charcoal.  You can leave it out in the rain without having to worry about getting it wet.  2 buckets each of lump n briquettes so there's alway a backup ready before refilling. Rectangle bucket for briquettes and round for lump. 

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 05:02:35 AM »
I also used some free kitty litter buckets I got off Craig's list. I don't know about you, but I justified wasting money painting them by the fact that otherwise the sun would cause the plastic to breakdown
regards,
Hal

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 07:20:35 AM »
Is this any different? It's from Lowes. Where does one purchase the Chef Select at?

Yes it is different.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
New Go To Charcoal Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 10:02:09 AM »
Check with your food service/restaurant supply stores. Always got mine at cash n carry so never paid attention at other stores. Cost nearly twice as much as the regular RO but well worth. Very minimal smoke and no noxious odor unlike a kbb.