Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 154854 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #1080 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:53 AM »
I've looked at them in the various stores. Nope. Don't want one. They look and feel cheap 2me. And now you can get them for $99? What does that tell you?

I work in the electronics industry, designing printed circuit boards. My designs get sent out to various vendors. The company I work for decided, for cost reasons, to move mfg of my hard work to China. Sorry to say, quality of the final product has gone to SHIT. That being said, no offense China, butt dayum. Wake up! Pay attention!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1081 on: March 12, 2018, 04:58:11 AM »
I picked up a LE Red on a great private deal.  85 bucks.  Right out of the box, there as chip and dent in the rim of the LID.  Now mind you this was RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!.  I exchanged it at HD for a new undamaged kettle.  ON assembly, I too found that the legs were very hard to fit properly.  Also noticed that the quality that we kettle fans are used too was not really there.  Great deal yes!!  RED LE for under 100 bucks YES!!  Quality of of over all product??? Not really...

Weber, you sort of missed the Mark here...  Back to Quality.  Remember Ford back in the mid 70's????  Well lets get back to Quality as JOB 1!!

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #1082 on: March 12, 2018, 06:45:20 AM »
My guess is, good thing it's a Limited Edition... :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1083 on: March 16, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »
My lid handle mod came out pretty well.  @greenweb inspired me and gave me some helpful advice. @varekai sent me the donor handle strap.  Last but not least, the Koa Zav handles came from my secret Santa.  Thanks to all of you guys!

[attachment deleted by admin]

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1084 on: March 16, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »
My lid handle mod came out pretty well.  @greenweb inspired me and gave me some helpful advice. @varekai sent me the donor handle strap.  Last but not least, the Koa Zav handles came from my secret Santa.  Thanks to all of you guys!

Looks fantastic! Great job!

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1085 on: March 21, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »
Just picked up my new LE!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1086 on: March 22, 2018, 08:04:29 AM »
Has anyone had an issue with the lid on the LE Kettle?  On mine you can easily slide the lid off the kettle by pushing the handle over without lifting it.  To make a long story short I made several calls to Weber and it has been a long process.  I had to take a video and send pictures to Weber so they could review them.
They called me two days later and told me they are sending me a new lid and they do not want the old lid back.
So I get the new lid a couple days ago and it doe the same exact thing.  I went ahead and sent more pictures and another video to Weber again.  Now I am waiting again to see what they are going to say.
I do regret buying this grill.................... 
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1087 on: March 22, 2018, 08:41:55 AM »
Someone in my area just bought a bunch on clearance somewhere and put them up NIB on Craigslist for $125. I wonder how low of. Price he got them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #1088 on: March 22, 2018, 09:24:00 AM »

Has anyone had an issue with the lid on the LE Kettle?  On mine you can easily slide the lid off the kettle by pushing the handle over without lifting it.  To make a long story short I made several calls to Weber and it has been a long process.  I had to take a video and send pictures to Weber so they could review them.
They called me two days later and told me they are sending me a new lid and they do not want the old lid back.
So I get the new lid a couple days ago and it doe the same exact thing.  I went ahead and sent more pictures and another video to Weber again.  Now I am waiting again to see what they are going to say.

This is probably a dumb question but did you try the lid on another kettle to make sure it’s not a problem with the LE bowl?

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1089 on: March 22, 2018, 09:36:21 AM »
Has anyone had an issue with the lid on the LE Kettle?  On mine you can easily slide the lid off the kettle by pushing the handle over without lifting it.
The bowl is probably warped and out of round.

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1090 on: March 22, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »

This is probably a dumb question but did you try the lid on another kettle to make sure it’s not a problem with the LE bowl?

Yes I did try that....same result.  I put another lid on the LE bowl and it slid a little bit but not as bad with the LE lid.  Both the lid and bowl are uneven enough to make it imperfect.  I told the Weber CSR that in the beginning but they said it was the lid only.  I have been very nice so far but I am losing my patience with Weber.  This has taken over two weeks to settle this issue.  I am dealing.  Things will work out.   ::)
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1091 on: March 25, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »
Roti and mods.  This works for me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Troy1620

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1092 on: March 26, 2018, 05:03:25 AM »

How did you take the taco off?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1093 on: March 26, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
How bad are these things?  I saw someone locally already selling both the lid & bowl locally.  They are asking $50 OBO, which I think is too much for my project.  see http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/seeking-rusted-out-kettle-2-messed-up-lids-chicago-area/.

It it's around a while, I might make them a lower offer because I wouldn't feel guilty cutting one of these made in China ones & I kind of would like a colored one but don't know if I'll luck into finding something super roached old one that I wouldn't feel guilty cutting into.
regards,
Hal

sodaking27

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1094 on: May 03, 2018, 06:50:06 AM »
Went to HD to pickup some furnace filters. Walking into the store I see 3 of the red kettles setting out front. Marked down to 79.00 Did a good going over and saw the typical thin coating on the handles etc.  Do I really need this?? No. But for that price, I couldn't help myself.