Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 154853 times)

LivingTheKetlle

• Happy Cooker
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #1065 on: February 04, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
Its a 22'

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Tionoel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1066 on: February 04, 2018, 07:44:06 PM »
I guess I’m one of the few people that has zero attraction to this limited edition grill. My biggest dislike it’s the color...it just don’t sit right. Anyways I went today to Lowe’s and they had a bunch of them at $149.00...Two of them were already built...one was perfect, the other the lid was not sitting flush with the bowl...crazy cause both the lid and bowl looked perfectly round....

Malo83

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1067 on: February 05, 2018, 12:20:57 PM »
Just got back from Lowes and they are on sale for $130.00 gonna give it another week I might have to use my Lowes gift card on one.

cliffyboy75

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #1068 on: February 17, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
Hi, first post on this forum but just wanted to let people know about my experiences with the LE red kettle.  Ordered min from a department store in the UK who I had previously purchased a 2013 Spirit from and had no problems whatsoever.

The delivery process was problematic and the BBQ arrived in a courier box that was bashed up to say the least.  Fearing the worst I unpacked the box to find that the Weber packaging inside was intact and everything inside as it should be.  Immediately though,I noticed that on the bottom triangle the hook at the front of it that connects the front leg was bent at a right angle.  Now, it's been about 7 years since I bought a OTP so i couldn't remember exactly but i new that it wasn't right.

Anyway, I unboxed the rest of the parts and my immediate feeling that it wasn't as well made and robust as my OTP.  the top of the legs were rough and required some serious wiggling to get them into the supports.  Contacted my seller who dealt with Weber direct and I received a replacement triangle 3 days later - no issues there.

Went to assemble the BBQ today and then noticed that there was a large chip just above the rim of the lid.  Now i know it wasn't me as the BBQ has not been outside and the only place that the lid has been apart from the box was on my carpet.  Again, have e-mailed my seller and await a response.

Now, as I say I am new to the forum, but as an avid Weber fan I am not impressed with the LE red kettle and am only satisfied that I didn't pay full price and only bought it as I needed new char baskets, cooking great and charcoal grate.  Turns out a new BBQ was marginally more expensive!

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #1069 on: March 08, 2018, 06:38:49 PM »

i_rivera90

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #1070 on: March 09, 2018, 05:47:08 PM »
Went to my local Home Depot for an Edger attachment, browsed the grill aisle to see if i find the GBS grates discounted (no luck), and when i'm swinging around near the patio furniture I notice the LE Red sitting next to this patio set up out of the box. I thought maybe it was just for display since it matched the cushions. Went to touch it and look at it and noticed it had a price tag and was for sale.... I was VERY tempted to pick this up!! 

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #1071 on: March 10, 2018, 04:52:52 AM »
I would've grabbed it for that price!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1072 on: March 10, 2018, 05:23:56 AM »
Sounds like it's time to boycott future Weber products.
An American company that offers the rest of the world more products then here in the US.
I personally wasn't into the LE before it ever came out, MADE IN CHINA.
That was the first flag that went up. Now they are 99.00.
They've only been available for 5 months. Must be a quality product to drop the price in half so fast.
There should be a LOT of phone calls flooding CS in regards to this.
Remember, A Union is only as strong as the members hold its leaders accountable.
Giving loyalty to a company that doesn't show loyalty, I don't understand.
Don't drink the KoolAid
Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:47:11 AM by CatskillSmoker »

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1073 on: March 10, 2018, 07:20:42 AM »
....And to think, many paid the full $199 price for the LE Red well in advance before and during the hype!.... It's now down to $149 at most Lowe's and Home Depot's, and as low as $99 to $89 in some, across the U.S.

Weber U.S. doesn't honor "America First!" and Euro Weber retailers won't ship to the U.S., in return making this mighty country of ours a dead zone when it comes to the Weber products we want.

One thing the WKC has good going for us grillers and collectors alike, is/are agents and friends(making new friends, and still growing) stateside and all over world to complete a task at hand, whatever Weber won't do for us.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1074 on: March 10, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »
We have all bought things just to see them go on sale.  It is frustrating, but in the beginning it was not Weber taking orders and charging freight to ship them to people.  Weber did not do a great job with this one, but the problem was also with certain vendors making them seem like there would only be a few available.   

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1075 on: March 10, 2018, 12:13:35 PM »
I know many, including me, have already commented, but the main problem here is that the production quality control on this “limited edition” was not properly planned or executed. I don’t like that it was outsourced to China, but there are, in fact, high quality products made there. (Think iPhone[emoji57].) If you have seen ones in the store like the LE red kettles that I have observed , I believe you would have to agree that these were made on the cheap with inadequate supervision from Weber. I am sure that some have purchased blemish-free examples of this grill, but I suspect even those have a dull orange peal finish. Then there are the ones like I saw on display at Home Depot with entire chunks of missing porcelain[emoji21]! No wonder they are having to give them away so cheap now...

I have elected to go the vintage red route and am working with another WKC member in Florida to arrange a purchase. I am really grateful for his generosity in coming up with a way to even deliver it!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #1076 on: March 10, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »
Perfect timing. Tax refund time.
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1077 on: March 10, 2018, 06:18:36 PM »
You folks  miss the point.

Weber could not manufacture the red LE in the US because of certain environmental laws regarding cadmium.

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1078 on: March 11, 2018, 04:12:35 AM »
Yes, I have heard that about the red color. But they could have exercised more control over the quality of the manufacturing in China, the way that Apple and some others do. Instead, it seems that they used a lower quality manufacturer with poor quality control.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1079 on: March 11, 2018, 07:19:59 AM »
There are several porcelain enamel refinishing service companies across the U.S. that restores and refinishes antique kitchen stoves, wood burning stoves/fireplaces, vintage era 1-piece kitchen sink counters, even bbq grills, etc.

offered in many shades of red porcelain. If you want to go that route, it will cost you $$$$$$$! Made in U.S.A.!