Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 154985 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #1050 on: January 02, 2018, 04:22:31 AM »
My local Lowes has them.  I counted about 20 of them.  One was up for display.  I purchased one online and shipped to store.  With all of the hoopla, i didn't pick it up and requested a refund.  I know... I am a bit gun shy when I have read all of the Negatives and shortcomings.  Even in person, I "Fondled" the grill and I still have my reservations.  I am sure its my OCD kicking in... I may go back and get one eventually.

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #1051 on: January 09, 2018, 03:52:51 PM »
Today At Home Depot

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1052 on: January 10, 2018, 07:28:48 AM »
I wonder if they are just going to stay at $149.  I can't see them going back up but maybe in the spring...

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1053 on: January 10, 2018, 07:59:07 AM »
I wonder if they are just going to stay at $149.  I can't see them going back up but maybe in the spring...

According to the tag, they will stay that price until at least 3/20/18.  I guess that will be when we see if they go back up in price for the "grilling season" or if everyone on the fence gets one because they went down even more.
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Chillin82

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #1054 on: January 12, 2018, 06:27:46 PM »
Hello Gentlemen, just wanted to say that thanks to this forum an more importantly this post I bought my first kettle today and an LE model and even better than that I got it for the 149 price ! Thanks to reading this post I was aware of the defects coming from Weber in this model an I chose to open up the last 3 the local Home Depot had and picked the one I like the most. I honestly couldn’t be happier with it looks great !  I honestly don’t even know if I’ll be able to cook on this beauty lol

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #1055 on: January 13, 2018, 06:30:59 PM »

I had a stowaway in the back of my car the other day!

Well, it wasn't so much of a stowaway since I bought it and put it there.  The trip to get it turned into an adventure, though.  Since I had the day off, I set the GPS app to avoid highways and avoid tolls and take a backroads drive since it's always nice to get away from the highways and see where it takes me through the countryside.  The weather was warm and wet when I set out from home but the temperature fell below freezing while I on my way and my car started hunting all over the road because of black ice.  I cut my speed.  That prompted a lot of tailgating and flashing high beams and horn honking.  At least for part of the trip, I was following a pickup being driven very slowly.

Google Maps changed my routing to "save five minutes" at one point and I inched around a bend and saw a multi vehicle crash involving a transport truck that had jackknifed and had several smashed cars up against it.  I did a three point turn to head back where I came from and someone else had spun out at the other end of the curve I had just driven through, apparently while I was turning around, and was partially blocking the road.  I applied the brakes and the car kept on going, sliding on ice.  Thankfully nothing was approaching in the other direction and the steering was still responsive and accurate so I was able to steer around this wreck, then back into the correct lane and finally come to a stop at the next intersection where I could jog up to the next parallel road and take the original routing.  On the jog, someone decided to tailgate and then cut across a double line into the oncoming traffic lane and pass illegally.  They then caught up to the next car and did the same thing again.  After a while, I hit salted roads and the temperature rose so there was no ice and the precipitation was rain instead of freezing rain and snow.  Everyone then slowed down, go figure, when the road surface improved.

Eventually I made it to the shop in one piece and got my barbecue!

I took the main highways home after that ordeal...

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1056 on: January 13, 2018, 06:38:25 PM »
Congrats! Sounds like a bit of an effort.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1057 on: January 13, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »
Today At Home Depot

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

My son was at a birthday today, so I went out on a quest to finally see one of these in person during the two hours I had to kill until the party was over...visited the only ACE on the west side of Vegas, 2 HDs, and two Lowes, and NONE of them even carry the Limited Edition red...
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

RickyD

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #1058 on: January 13, 2018, 06:54:01 PM »

£149.50 in the Uk today

[emoji16][emoji91][emoji488][emoji491]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1059 on: January 13, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »
Congrats! Sounds like a bit of an effort.

It was something else.  By the time things got really bad, I was so far along I figured I might as well go through with it since there wasn't any point turning back by then.

£149.50 in the Uk today

[emoji16][emoji91][emoji488][emoji491]

Enjoy!  Peterborough?  Another East Coast Mainline customer, I see!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #1060 on: January 13, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »
That does sound like an adventure @Lightning. We have had our fair share of slick roads lately as well. Luckily I haven’t had to go far when it has been real bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #1061 on: January 14, 2018, 05:37:33 AM »
Yikes! Quite a ride I'd say! Anything for a Weber acquisition tho... 8)

It amazes me the way people drive in bad weather around here where I live. SLOW DOWN!!! They think it's no different than driving on dry pavement. Good Lord...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

LivingTheKetlle

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #1062 on: February 01, 2018, 02:40:20 AM »

Check this "Promo" grill they are selling in Europe... Guess they are doing some limited editions everywhere.. I like the foot.

This is in the main catalogue in Belgium

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

LivingTheKetlle

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #1063 on: February 01, 2018, 02:43:56 AM »
This limited edition Master Touch was Weber's Winter griller promo all over Europe during the last months.

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #1064 on: February 04, 2018, 12:24:05 PM »
This limited edition Master Touch was Weber's Winter griller promo all over Europe during the last months.

I would love to get my hands on that 18" Limited Edition from Europe...