Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 155032 times)

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #1020 on: December 21, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »
Are they trying to move the bad ones that were part of the first run?   If it's from a lack of sales maybe they need to tell the stores to get them out and show them off. 

Cellar2ful

« Reply #1021 on: December 22, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »

Stopped at a Ace Hardware and Orchard Supply today. Both had stacks of LE kettles and both locations had one assembled on display.   Both display models had no porcelain issues that I could see and thankfully were put together correctly .  I wasn't going to pull the legs off to check the leg sockets.  One had a heavy orange peel finish on the lid, the other had none.  They seem to be everywhere now, but no $149 markdowns in my area.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #1022 on: December 23, 2017, 02:59:16 AM »
Any nice color change on these or something endearing that would make one a good investment for a dedicated pizza setup?  Given that they're not up to standards for many, perhaps they'd be suitable for a task like pizza oven which gives a kettle a bit of a beating.  There's less risk (IMHO) to use a questionable quality (but pretty) grill for a pizza oven.  Still looks cooler than a standard black one, but not a big deal if it gets damaged.  For those of you who have one already, what do you think?

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1023 on: December 23, 2017, 04:58:42 AM »
the qc on this line is a mess.

for those that dont have issues...its a great model/kettle

there something going on with the robo painting
Grills

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1024 on: December 23, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
Any nice color change on these or something endearing that would make one a good investment for a dedicated pizza setup?  Given that they're not up to standards for many, perhaps they'd be suitable for a task like pizza oven which gives a kettle a bit of a beating.  There's less risk (IMHO) to use a questionable quality (but pretty) grill for a pizza oven.  Still looks cooler than a standard black one, but not a big deal if it gets damaged.  For those of you who have one already, what do you think?

I got a good one, and have no intention to add a pizza attachment.  Though it will work, I don't want my new red cracking up.  I found a $5 1986 black 22 on CL to use as a beater. Not as pretty, but it will work fine with wood.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #1025 on: December 25, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »
Got one for Xmas! :)

Back a few months ago when Weber posted it on FB, I either “liked” it or shared the post with no comment. I knew my sister would see that and let my dad know. I figured if I got it that’s be cool but if not, also cool.

And then this forum blew up with the defective ones.

So here I’m visiting for Xmas. Walked past the box for a week before noticing the plastic sheet covering it didn’t cover Topper on a visible corner.

So after all the presents were unwrapped, everyone was told to go out to the garage and I was asked to “clear out the trash by the wall.”

I opened it and it’s lovely. It has what appears to be “the usual” (for this model) too-thin paint on leading edges (front handle, some leg socket tabs) but zero defects in or out. Lid and bowl rims are great, grate straps are perfect.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1026 on: December 25, 2017, 04:36:56 PM »
Congrats!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1027 on: December 26, 2017, 11:46:59 AM »
Sometimes you just have to go shopping.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1028 on: December 26, 2017, 12:20:11 PM »
Congrat's Darko!!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #1029 on: December 26, 2017, 12:30:53 PM »
I had them open the box at the store so I could check it for any defects. All was good. Good coverage by the grate straps, good coverage by the leg sockets, good overall coverage with some nice orange peel... so it came home.  This store had it in their flyer last Thursday showing a price of $279.00 which they said was 20 bucks off the regular price of 299. I went today and they had 4 boxes, so I said to the sales person, 279 is normally the regular price on these. He said he would go check... came back a few moments later and said, OK you can have it for 249. I said sold!!!!!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #1030 on: December 26, 2017, 02:44:38 PM »
Congrats!!
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1031 on: December 26, 2017, 08:09:12 PM »
Sometimes you just have to go shopping.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LOL!!! That a boy @Darko .  Your box looks great.  Mine was a bit beat up but an absolutely perfect kettle inside.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:11:11 PM by fedex »
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #1032 on: December 27, 2017, 12:20:50 AM »
Congrats to @Darko and others that got them.  I still have to pick mine up.  The one and only I've seen- @noreaster brought down the dock.  They're gorgeous.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #1033 on: December 28, 2017, 10:47:14 AM »
An emergency this morning sent me to Home Depot. My first time seeing it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1034 on: December 28, 2017, 10:54:38 AM »
the longer i look at these the better they look .