Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does anyone know what year the 3rd Gen Performers switched from black ash bu  (Read 1241 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Does anyone know what year the 3rd gen Performers switched from the black ash bucket to silver?

I'm looking at two different ones and one has a black ash bucket while the other has silver-

The WKC Age Guide doesn't make mention of the switch-

Gen 3 – 2010 
The third generation of the Performer incorporated minor changes to Gen 2.  The thermometer used to measure kettle temperature was removed from the handle and integrated into the lid of the kettle.  Other changes were primarily cosmetic; the grill tool hooks were no longer recessed, the wheel style was changed to full “hubcaps” with the Weber logo, the ash bucket and frame tubing were changed back to silver, and the bottom rack was redesigned to include an arch.  For 2014, electronic ignition started to appear in the igniter assembly.  Colors for Gen 3 include Black, Dark Green, Grass Green (Crate and Barrel offering), Dark Blue, Red Brick, Crimson, and Copper (2014 only).
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
I have no cluse

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

Easy

• WKC Brave
All I know is I have a 2010 AA code and it has a silver ash pan I replaced the table under warranty.    I love this grill wish I had two at times. To me the year is not so important as is if it has gas assist or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
All I know is I have a 2010 AA code and it has a silver ash pan I replaced the table under warranty.    I love this grill wish I had two at times. To me the year is not so important as is if it has gas assist or not.

AA is 2011

I have 2 AD 2010 Gas Assist Performers and 1 DZ 2008 Gas Assist Performer and all 3 have Black Ash Buckets

Easy

• WKC Brave
Correct fat fingered that one.
AD for 2010.