Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How many gills do you "need"?  (Read 5115 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: How many gills do you "need"?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
With women it's always a space thing. They don't see grills getting used, they wonder why they're there. Start storing your grills in the clothes closet to better explain the "perhaps" aspect of occasional usage she may be more familiar with.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
you have plenty of yard left!

Great reply!

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »
Hey @TheDude where did you get that stand on the right?  Looks perfect to put beside my WSM.  Heck I might even forget about finding a Performer and just get another kettle and use that. 

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 06:09:18 PM »
You know, when I saw an 18" wsm posted the other day on cl, I asked the misses "think we have an extra 150 for this? It's half the price of a new one." I was thinking to myself that I sold the deal right there. To my surprise she says "No, but we do have it for those closet doors." Well, who the hell needs new closet doors! Of course, that DID NOT leave my lips. If, on the other hand, I find a 26er, I won't be asking. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 06:14:13 PM »
.....so many grills....so little time....
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 06:31:21 PM »
@G19 it's just a cheap folding table from Aldi. Went all last summer, though the winter. Still just fine. Not a bad $9.
Still need a 22” yellow

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 06:32:44 PM »
"How many grills do you "need"? -Said everyone of my neighbors and numerous family members over the years.. My answer, I need what I have. I love what I need.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 07:53:23 PM »
I need one. That's it. I need my 1985 Smokey Joe to cook 2 steaks on my anniversary. I need my 1991 to cook on my sons birthday, I need my 1994 to cook on my other sons birthday. I need grill X to cook for a specific reason. I have many grills, but I only need one at a time, except for those times I need more.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 08:24:12 PM »
Turns out "need" and "want" are both four letter words. However, when I cook... No one complains. They call me crazy, but no one turns down an invitation. 
Still need a 22” yellow

Hybridtwin77

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 08:32:05 PM »
My wife was with her friends this weekend...
"A Weber club??"
"Yes"
"Do they get a new bbq every month?"
"YES!"
;D

Brilliant.
Christopher
2016 MT

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 04:54:57 AM »
... I asked the misses "think we have an extra 150 for this? It's half the price of a new one." I was thinking to myself that I sold the deal right there. To my surprise she says "No, but we do have it for those closet doors." ...

Cars, toys ... we learned years ago that another deal truly is coming up again. But yeah a 26 is different, because they really don't.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 10:22:51 AM »
Always one more...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 10:32:35 AM »

...like to have a couple going also even if I really don't need to. Just love to use them...

Also tend to keep a "couple going" sometimes just to keep 'em clean & dry (burn dozen+ coals.)

Generally only have 3 outside at a time, but they cycle well.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:22:02 AM by Metal Mike »
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 07:13:46 AM »
I have a Genny, a WSM, and a performer I use the coal burners the most and the gasser the least, but i like them all.