Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for a good grill cover.  (Read 5579 times)

ECinEI

• Smokey Joe
Re: Looking for a good grill cover.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 12:40:06 AM »

Are they the new ones or the old ones? because they completely overhauled their covered last spring.
Old ones are a vinyl material that cracks, new ones are more of a fabric that is breathable.

This.  I have a a newer thin fabric Weber cover on a Genesis Silver B I rehabbed about 18 months ago that is kept on an exposed deck in coastal NC where the sun is intense, it is windy and there is salt in the air.  To date it has held up very well.  I had some doubts when I saw how thin it was when I first ordered it.  It doesn't leak and hasn't faded in 18 months of this rough environment.  Only silly thing with these is it comes with a storage bag that is sewn to the cover.  I cut that off immediately after taking it out of it's shipping box.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 12:50:30 AM »
Both of the CL Performers I bought had cracked,faded leaky covers- a 2009 and a 2010.  I'm not sure I'd even expect them to last 6 or 7 years but I have a hard time justifying a new $50 plus grill cover for a grill I didn't pay that much more for.

I do like the looks of the Weber Performer covers best and if I had unlimited funds I'd go with the Weber cover on looks alone.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 03:44:18 AM »
Weber covers have gone to complete shit. I bought 2 brand new covers last spring. One for my newer performer and one for my Genesis Silver C with side burner. Both covers are already cracked to the point that they have holes in them and get so hard under 50 degrees that they are almost unusable. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. The old covers lasted 10+ years.....these don't last 1?!!  I would wrap a grill in a harbor freight blue tarp with bungie cords before I would ever spend another penny on one of Weber's BS grill covers

I should have bought the ones from Classic Accessories. Lesson learned, won't happen again

Are they the new ones or the old ones? because they completely overhauled their covered last spring.
Old ones are a vinyl material that cracks, new ones are more of a fabric that is breathable.

They are the vinyl ones, but not like the old school vinyl.  My 26 OTG, 22 WSM, and 22 OTP (with the side tables) all still have the old style covers.  They have sat outside 365 days a year for probably 5 years in the PA weather and the covers are still perfect and are flexible at all temps.  The ones on my Genesis and Performer feel like cheap plastic compared to them and turn into hard plastic when it gets "cold".  I was not impressed with the new covers I was seeing last year as they didn't seem nearly as heavy duty as the ones I wanted to replace.  Also, so many people were complaining about the loose fit of the newer covers last year that I attempted to search out some older ones.  Apparently I got mine from the window where they were complete useless garbage.  $100+ down the drain and I won't buy another Weber cover

I've seen those Veranda covers in person since then, and they are top notch covers......AND less expensive than the Weber ones.  That is were my money is going, as I will have to replace these covers again before next winter.
-Keith

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 07:30:37 AM »
I've seen those Veranda covers in person since then, and they are top notch covers......AND less expensive than the Weber ones.  That is were my money is going, as I will have to replace these covers again before next winter.

I have been looking for one of these for a Performer and no one has it in stock including Veranda.