Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105518 times)

AnotherPintPlease

• Smokey Joe
    • Another Pint Please
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2016, 09:41:01 AM »
Guess Another Pint Please was behind all those teaser shots:

http://www.anotherpintplease.com/home/2016/4/the-weber-summit-charcoal-grill

@AnotherPintPlease oh yeah? Nice work, as always Mike!

Thanks!! And thanks to @Jtayres, too! I've been lurking here for weeks watching all of the speculation. Even though I've had it since last year, I've been just as excited for today to come as everyone else.

This about sums it all up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLw88CZkDQ

Hybridtwin77

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2016, 09:44:40 AM »
The performer has the leg sockets too, I can't remember anyone complaining about those?

LOL but I can understand those.  I dig the grill, I really do, but now it's kind of funny looking with almost useless sockets.  I know, before anyone says anything, not useless.  They hold the OT ash can.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:46:22 AM by Hybridtwin77 »
Christopher
2016 MT

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2016, 09:54:07 AM »
Wasn't one of the versions on legs using the sockets?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2016, 10:01:42 AM »
I'd like to get my hands on one of these, but I'm always hesitant to buy the first run of just about anything new.  I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.  (plus that gives me a year to save up!)

Hybridtwin77

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #454 on: April 06, 2016, 10:03:02 AM »
@zavod44 Don't believe so.  I only saw two versions on the grillofalifetime link.  One looked just like a fancy performer and the other seemed to be in a stand not unlike the original stand that held the buoys.
Christopher
2016 MT

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #455 on: April 06, 2016, 10:03:59 AM »
I just looked your right the legs mount on the side....

Hybridtwin77

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #456 on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:10 AM »
Your internet connection is WAY faster than mine atm.  Dang, the IT's here have one job... ;D
Christopher
2016 MT

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #457 on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »
This makes WAY BETTER sense than owning a Boat, yet living 2 hours from the water...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #458 on: April 06, 2016, 10:09:28 AM »

Guess Another Pint Please was behind all those teaser shots:

http://www.anotherpintplease.com/home/2016/4/the-weber-summit-charcoal-grill

@AnotherPintPlease oh yeah? Nice work, as always Mike!

Thanks!! And thanks to @Jtayres, too! I've been lurking here for weeks watching all of the speculation. Even though I've had it since last year, I've been just as excited for today to come as everyone else.

This about sums it all up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLw88CZkDQ

@AnotherPintPlease

Really good work and fantastic photography.  How you kept this secret for months is beyond me.  Thanks for the teasers.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #459 on: April 06, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
I want see if that defuser grate will fit in my 26

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #460 on: April 06, 2016, 10:16:07 AM »

... How you kept this secret for months is beyond me. ...

Aye, but a signed NDA is a powerful incentive, too!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #461 on: April 06, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »
Me too, but there is the problem of the 26 only having 1 level for charcoal.  The diffuser works when the middle charcoal grate is in the lower position on the SCG.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #462 on: April 06, 2016, 11:09:42 AM »
Howdy fellas, I haven't posted here in awhile but I might be able to add something to this talk. I haven't posted because over a year ago I bought a Kamado Joe Big Joe model. Since then it has pushed the rest of my grills and WSM out of the rotation. I still enjoy the look of a Weber kettle but I can't deny the multi functional qualities my KJ has. If you ever see one in person check out the grate system. The cooking grate is split in half with two different heights it can be set at. It has a cast iron grate, and a cast iron griddle that can be added on. The heat deflector is split as well so you can use multiple settings with your charcoal placement. It all adds up to being able to play with your food more, it really is fun. 
  There will always be a market for the standard kettle model and it's true that you can use it to do 90% of what my KJ can do. What my KJ does though is make each cook seem like more of a event. Hopefully Weber can tap into the "event" cooker market. As for places they can improve on the Kamado experience, price would have been nice but they seem to have skipped that. Hinges are issues with some Kamados and the Weber one looks nice. Weight and portability is another area they could exploit. Finally, ash removal is a big issue with some and it looks like Weber nailed that one. I'll be curious to see if charcoal efficiency is as good as most Kamados. Also I'm going to be curious about how long it'll be able to run going low and slow. All in all I'm excited and I'm pretty sure there's a post from me a couple of years ago asking if Weber would ever make a double walled Kamado , should I call my lawyer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #463 on: April 06, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »
Is calling the bowl on this "insulated" a misnomer? It looks like the bowl has a huge heat shield above the charcoal grate but is not actually sealed at the bottom.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #464 on: April 06, 2016, 11:24:05 AM »
Gummie I think they mean insulated from the outer layer, not charcoal isolated from food.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch