Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up my first "vintage" and first Red along with some vintage accessories  (Read 4915 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Very cool.. You found items that most member can only dream about.
The shish kabob ring is one of the harder things to find, you should covet that one.
I hope you get the same satisfaction that all of us do!
AJ

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:30:33 PM by Heyjude »
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

SixZeroFour

Oh wow what a sweet cache of goodies! Congrats!

Do you mind me asking what your plans are for the accessories? If for any reason you aren't interested in keeping the old boxes for the corn and tater ring (or the skewer set!) please let me know! :)

Enjoy those beauties!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
WOW.  Nice scores!
One of the charcoal people.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Thanks everyone.    All of the accessories are definitely going to be for sale in the "Member Sales & Trades" section in the not too distant future.   I thought about leaving them all "as is", but have now decided to try and give everything a very light cleaning so that they will look nicer when taking photos to send to Troy.   By "light cleaning", I mean soap, water and perhaps some simple green at most.  Nothing that will possibly damage anything or cause any harm.

I understand that I came across something somewhat rare, and can appreciate that many believe that I should keep it.  In my opinion, that would absolutely be the wrong thing to do.   Different strokes for different folks and all that, but if I were to keep them, they would just sit in boxes taking up space in my garage.  It would be much better all around for these items to go to WKC members who truly want them, will truly appreciate them, and will most likely use them.   When I part with them, I'll still have memories of having found some (a) rare item and having driven 5 hours to get it.  I'll have the comfort of knowing that I found good homes for them.  I'll be satisfied with the fact that other WKC members now have an item that they have been yearning after for some time.   

Looking at it this way, I see it as a "win win" situation and will part with them with absolutely no regrets.   

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
"Nothing that will possibly damage anything or cause any harm."

Good show mate!!!!

Very good attitude toward how to handle these items........seems like some careful thought..... ;D

That's what I'm trying to do with Argentflame's Homer kettle.....just being really careful so he can pick it up Sunday in pretty spiffy condition.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
@demosthenes9

^^^That is WKC is, what your willing to pass on. You have the colored kettle your looking for. Will pass on what is not a need for you. Been there, down that, I have know regrets in that. I vision smiles on the others have received items from me, that in itself satisfying to me.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Picked up my first "vintage" and first Red along with some vintage accessories
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 06:04:43 PM »
That's a sweet red 22 and accessories bundle you scored!

Also it's awesome that your willing to share these items/pass along to fellow members. Very cool!