Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Older model One-touch cleaning system  (Read 5717 times)

vader06

• WKC Ranger
Re: Older model One-touch cleaning system
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »
What is the part number on the old cleaning system?   I would like to check my local Ace Hardware.
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »
Before I even use any grill in which I've put a NOS sweeper assembly in, I'll pitch that thumb screw and either install a 1/2 long stainless bolt, or even better perhaps, a 1/2 grade 8 bolt. Less chance it will break and you can put a socket wrench on it to loosen should it start to rust.

Mike that seems like a great idea. The thumbscrew and whatever of the original design is what's keeping me from snatching up one of the remaining old-style sweeper assemblies.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 10:22:11 AM »
I used a ss bolt and also a thin coating of anti seize compound so it won't freeze up with rust.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 10:27:38 AM »
What is the part number on the old cleaning system?   I would like to check my local Ace Hardware.

Wouldn't a retailer know it by the Weber model number instead of the Weber part number?

As the first two posts here show:
7409 = just the sweeper assembly
3617 = sweeper assembly + a few extra stuff you probably don't need

I just now popped for one of the remaining 3617 sets. Ed Young True Value in New York, selling through Amazon now has only a couple left. $20.49 shipped. Not a fantastic price but I'm thinking I might use the extra stuff for something else.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
This might seem silly, but I disassemble my OT sweepers at least once a season to keep the thumbscrew from seizing up.

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »
I picked up two 7409 cleaning systems today at my local Ace Hardware for 14.99 each.  One for my current Performer rebuild project and one backup.
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 04:44:09 PM »