Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mod Month Official Master Thread!  (Read 35139 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mod Month Official Master Thread!
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
Here's my meager entry......it's Orange.......

Got all kinds of various contraptions thought up but short on motivation to get them done.......involves a lot of metal cutting, drilling, electronics, fans, motors, hydraulics, body & fender work, and well, you get the general idea....... :o 8)

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
Nice mods!! Matt, I've considered doing that to my Crimson too. I might put a rolled edge pan on there and party like its 1985. Ken, sweet HD orange!

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »
Just a simple mod.  Didn't want to drill or do anything permanent, so went with the hose clamp method.  Worked pretty good.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »
Wow - I'm way late to this party. Here are a few fun photos to keep everyone on their toes ;)

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø, RETRO #1 ,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø, RETRO #2 ,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸.

@SixZeroFour  i really like your idea of doing "vintage modern" types of mods.  especially since there is a thermo.  other industries have embraced this kind of "return to your youth but modern" with their products.
Ford Thunderbird, Dodge Challenger, Chevy Camaro in automotive or Gibson and Fender in musical instruments.
however if we can't even get UK colors here from weber we'll be dust by the time they come around and give us 50's and 60's "reissues" or even "vintage modern" units.

i really like what you did with these, simple mods but very cool looking results. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:07:23 AM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »

I love the look of the black handles on the Copper.  I have been thinking of dressing up my Copper with more black.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2014, 03:16:30 AM »
LAST DAY! With 35 amazing entires to date, it's been a busy month! Thread will be closed at 5:00PM Pacific time today, so if you are holding out, better get moving!
I will post a list of all the entires tonight, and open the voting. Members can send me a PM with their favorite Mod, and I'll compile the results within the week. Voting will be open for a full week to give everyone a chance to look through the thread and chose their personal favorite. I will post the winning "Members Choice" and "Statesmen Choice" entires on Saturday, November 8th.

MartyG

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2014, 06:34:34 AM »
Not much of a mod, but it is all mine.
2010 brick red Performer on a 1998 SS Performer cart.  left handed setup too.

EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2014, 07:09:21 AM »
Hofy - that is a beautiful kettle.  Left hand conversion is nice. I really like that the bucket faces outward rather than the propane tank - much more pleasing to the eye.

Great job.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

WilliamInColorado

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2014, 07:23:25 AM »
@SixZeroFour - great idea!
@Craig -  clean, classic - beautiful.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2014, 08:13:18 AM »
Not much of a mod, but it is all mine.
2010 brick red Performer on a 1998 SS Performer cart.  left handed setup too.

I really like this left handed set up! I'm not left handed but I've been thinking about how I could put two Perfomers together for 1 large center table and a kettle on each side.
May The Smoke Be With You!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2014, 09:00:06 AM »
@SixZeroFour  i really like your idea of doing "vintage modern" types of mods.  especially since there is a thermo.  other industries have embraced this kind of "return to your youth but modern" with their products.
Ford Thunderbird, Dodge Challenger, Chevy Camaro in automotive or Gibson and Fender in musical instruments.
however if we can't even get UK colors here from weber we'll be dust by the time they come around and give us 50's and 60's "reissues" or even "vintage modern" units.

i really like what you did with these, simple mods but very cool looking results.

Thanks Greg, I got the idea after seeing Craig's Crimson with some sweet wood handles on it... figured why not try taking it a step further and ditch the ash catcher for a good old flat rim pan :)

The Crimson and MT were switched back after the photos, but I've decided to keep the Copper permanently. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, but do plan to add some older wheels to complete the look... not sure about thumbscrews just yet ;) The golden color of the old handles and copper kettle really seem to work and the new handle assembly without the heat shield looks pretty cool in a modern minimalist sort of way. (Yes... its growing on me) You also get a bit better view at the complete "lines" of the kettle portion itself - it looks more like a little globe...

I now have another one in the works that should look really sweet :) but it may be a week or so before its complete.

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »
... not sure about thumbscrews just yet

I vote for adding thumbscrews. Drill/Tap/Done.

They would really compliment vintage shoes.

And they hold the legs in too     8)

Dude, relax your chicken.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »
Cart from a rustbucket Performer for the dual 18" bullets.

IKEA Vaarde handle mod to the center sections (and bowl) on my 22" bullets.

Mini Homer Joe

Cart for the RedheadQ

Stainless plugs for the BBQ Guru/vent

Weber Redneck Firepit

18" Bullet wing side tables

Rib-O-Lator and Cajun Bandit ring for the ol' 26'r!

Ez-Que on the 26'r

22" Center section rotisserie mod (pre Cajun Bandit!)

Feel free to stop me anytime - I got a shit ton more!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:35 AM »
i'm putting thumbscrews on everything.

jane was opposed initially but i told her it was that or she had to leave.

now her legs won't fall off.  ;)
I only use kettles with lid bales.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
Sweet looking Mods @swamprb ! Even a pellet pooper mod on the WSM.