Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Did Weber discontinue their starter cubes?  (Read 13226 times)

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
Re: Did Weber discontinue their starter cubes?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2023, 07:46:01 AM »
They have not been discontinued. #IworkforWeber

Can you say anything about why they've become so difficult to find in store? Is this just on those places deciding to not stock them or something else?

I'm not aware of any changes in the distribution, but it can be pretty granular with different specific store locations. From my days in retail as a GM there was always differences in the A, B, C, etc. level store assortments, and the plan-o-grams were always changing. Could be that the stores you frequent in your area simply don't sell enough of them for the lighter cubes to keep their place on the shelf. I'm totally conjecturing. If there's still an empty place on the shelf for them to be stocked it's probably a matter of them waiting for stock to replenish from their distribution centers.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2023, 04:35:58 PM »
I'm not aware of any changes in the distribution, but it can be pretty granular with different specific store locations. From my days in retail as a GM there was always differences in the A, B, C, etc. level store assortments, and the plan-o-grams were always changing. Could be that the stores you frequent in your area simply don't sell enough of them for the lighter cubes to keep their place on the shelf. I'm totally conjecturing. If there's still an empty place on the shelf for them to be stocked it's probably a matter of them waiting for stock to replenish from their distribution centers.

Thanks for the reply, its very much appreciated! It's a shame in a couple of the stores by me you all seem to have no presence any more. Specially in the Walmarts.  There's just nothing Weber. I'll keep ordering online I guess. 

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 06:25:19 AM »

Thanks for the reply, its very much appreciated! It's a shame in a couple of the stores by me you all seem to have no presence any more. Specially in the Walmarts.  There's just nothing Weber. I'll keep ordering online I guess.

Walmart tends to have a very small Weber assortment. Ace, True Value, Do It Best, etc. generally have larger Weber assortments.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2023, 06:29:56 PM »
Still available locally.

P0234

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2023, 04:53:08 PM »
The Weber cubes are still available on Jeff B's grilling depot.  For me a whole cube is overkill. I break them up into 1/3rds.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2023, 03:59:16 AM »
I was shocked when I went to replenish my supply of Weber Lighter cubes. I usually buy when they are on sale and I'll load up but I can't remember paying more than $5 a box for them.
yesterday stopped by Home Depot and they were $8.98 a package.   That's .37 cents each- too much IMO.

I ended up buying a four pack on Amazon for $22.93 (.24 cents each)

Here's the link- https://amzn.to/46NcRLV

I'm not sure if I'm getting old but that seems like a drastic jump at $8.98.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2023, 04:16:06 AM »
I saw that as well the other day @captjoe06 too high for sure
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2023, 04:48:58 AM »
I believe I read somewhere they changed the packaging size and up’d the price. So instead of 24 the package is now 12. I can’t confirm this because Weber.com is still showing 5.49 for 24. I think a change is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2023, 10:55:57 AM »
I believe I read somewhere they changed the packaging size and up’d the price. So instead of 24 the package is now 12. I can’t confirm this because Weber.com is still showing 5.49 for 24. I think a change is coming.

We're not changing it from 24 to 12, nor are we adjusting the pricing for 2024. $5.49 will still be the minimum advertised price. #IworkforWeber

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »
Good news from @Jburns. I’ll continue to order from Weber with this news! $5.49 is excellent price for 24 cubes!

porterhouse

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2023, 03:26:37 AM »
I make my own with Vaseline coated cotton balls wrapper in grocery bag paper. Works great.