Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What’s your favorite Weber grill in your collection?  (Read 1872 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
What’s your favorite Weber grill in your collection?
« on: August 21, 2023, 05:34:12 AM »
I’ve seen a lot of threads here since joining in 2017.   Usually we talk about “grails” but I’d like to know what’s your favorite Weber grill in your collection.   I get that question a lot from family or friends that know of my hobby. 
It’s a tough one.  Some are lookers and others are cookers.  Some were steals and some were, well, pricey.  Some were found in my neighborhood and some required hours of travel to secure.   Usually they all have a story behind them. 

For me, my favorite is my A code blue 22.   Blue is my favorite color and this grill is a tough find in decent shape.  What makes it cool was the opportunity to purchase it from a friend and awesome grillfella, [mention]HoosierKettle [/mention]

So, what is your favorite grill in your collection and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What’s your favorite Weber grill in your collection?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 05:56:53 AM »
Wow, that's a tough one. So many grills so many stories. I would have to say my Red Ranch, it's the one that started this enjoyable hobby and led me to meet so many wonderful people and the people make it special.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 07:42:23 AM »
Man, this is such a difficult question.... I've been grappling with it for the past couple of hours.  While I have many favorites for one reason or another, I'll have to say my favorite is Marilyn, my Glen Blue 26" kettle.  It has custom Zavod handles, custom wheels, Killa Grilla upper and lower grates, SNS XL and XL SS DNG, and SE thermometer bezel.  Looking back at the past 4-ish years since I began collecting, this kettle has seen more cooks than any other, been with us on two beach trips and is my go to for so many types of cooks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 07:49:10 AM by bamakettles »

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 08:02:24 AM »
My favorite to cook on is my First Gen Summit Charcoal Grilling Center.  I use it almost daily. My favorite to look at is my 68 Ranger.

Joep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 11:46:23 PM »
My favorite grill to cook on is my green ssp performer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kcsmokinribs

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2023, 05:09:06 AM »
This is a tough question to answer for me since I too have lookers and cookers to consider. I picked up these two this year and have cooked on them a couple times so far and look forward to more cooks on them soon.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 10:28:59 AM »
Plainsman is my personal fav. It was a grail of mine since almost day one as I just love the look of the grill, but mine is really special to me because of my parents extrodinary efforts in helping to secure it. I've had many grills come through over the years and honestly have forgotten where many came from or went to - but the story behind this one I will never forget and it makes me smile and think of them every time I fire it up...  in fact I plan on doing just that later tonight!

Grill on!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
What’s your favorite Weber grill in your collection?
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2023, 06:48:17 PM »
Grate story 640, memories are sometimes the greatest smiles we get!

Beautiful grill!!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 06:36:26 PM »
My copper performer. It was traded to Jim Stephen for a 22" Simpsons kettle