Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It’s been fun……  (Read 6390 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
It’s been fun……
« on: July 21, 2023, 05:29:18 PM »
Almost made it to 5000 posts….. Made a few good friends here, learned so much…. Shared a lot of cooks, probably too many pics and personal things.  Life moves on and the kings here are the bosses of what is and is not acceptable. I’ve welcomed all newcomers in the 3+ years I’ve been here and enjoyed sharing in the fun while the veterans have sat idle.  Best of luck in the kettle hunt, I’m done.  I cherish those I’ve met in person and will continue relationships with them.  Best of luck Weber Family wherever this hobby may take you.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
Re: It’s been fun……
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 05:39:19 PM »
At least make it to 5000 posts first!  Then you can check in every so often.  Many go through that phase where they take some time off, then come

back later on. Hope you decide to stay, in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 02:14:45 AM by RRRanger99 »

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 07:03:16 PM »
Noooo! You're one of my Weber heroes. 😢
I don't know what's going on, but I hope things can be worked out.

cdp8

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 08:42:12 PM »
In any group, there’s always a few that just don’t get it. Those few do their best make life miserable for the rest. I enjoyed and appreciated your posts. You will be missed. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2023, 12:35:42 AM »
Oh man, this is sad news ! I don’t come on here as much as others but Bama you would always be one of the first to greet me with a nice comment. I love your cooks and photos. I really think you represent what this site is about. I hope you change your mind and stick around. Even if it’s quietly in the background. Or maybe you can send your friends a pm from time to time. I’d certainly like to hear from you. Take care !

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2023, 07:30:45 AM »
Greg, you will be missed, top of the heap regarding class and integrity in my book. There is always room around a grill in doraville for you and Kellee and Beaux for a cook. You have my number !!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 12:33:23 PM »
Always enjoyed your stories and adventures of the hunt for kettles and cooks. Great photos of cooks and treasured finds and restorations. Drop in once in a while and let us all know how you are doing. Especially after the new addition to the family arrives. All the best.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2023, 01:53:17 PM »
You will be missed, Bama
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

Blacky924

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 03:06:01 PM »
It’s guys like you who make a forum like this great. The constant contribution and welcoming comments, and insightful info. Let the so called kings think what they want to think, and you should keep doing what you were doing.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2023, 07:57:26 AM »
You’d have a hard time finding someone more welcoming or enthusiastic for this hobby.  I appreciate you. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2023, 07:59:23 AM »
As a newbie, I appreciate your enthusiasm and encouragement on being a Weber enthusiast!!!  Thank you so very much Greg!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2023, 12:53:15 PM »
Don't let anyone bully you out of the space.
You've done nothing wrong and don't need to tip-toe around anyone and their sensitivities.

Consider this: your post that triggered one person wasn't considered offensive by the mods and it remains intact.
Anyone trying to put their finger in your ass is doing it because their hobby is putting their fingers in other people's asses, while your hobby is weber charcoal grilling and collecting.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2023, 01:36:40 PM »
@bamakettles  The thought that just came to mind, (Not 100% sure), but if you make it to 5000+ posts, the title under your username "WKC Performer," will change up to "WKC Ambassador," at some

point, that, plus all of these deep, heartfelt messages ('nuff said), half the year is over, and you're going to be a grandfather to a new future grilling partner! Now if that's not enough to

make you want to stay, I don't know what will.  What say you, Mr. WKC Ambassador?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 04:48:00 PM by RRRanger99 »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2023, 10:46:12 AM »
Thanks all for your input….. I never knew so many people truly cared, always figured I was just the guy that posts too much and too many pictures.  All of you who have commented, texted, IMd and PMd have really touched me.  Now that my backside isn’t quite so chapped I’ve decided not to make such a rash decision.  It is and always has been about the fun for me and I love sharing the fun with everyone.  Maybe I’ll chin up and stick it out a while longer.  I appreciate you all.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2023, 11:07:44 AM »