Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New to the WKC...  (Read 3826 times)

WeberSwede

• Smokey Joe
New to the WKC...
« on: September 18, 2020, 02:58:24 AM »
Hello all,

Ok, figured I'd write the introductory note . :)

Proud overseas (the small pond.. :) ) owner of 2 Performers, both with gas lighting.
Mod is coming up as soon as I have a design for a backyard kitchen setup.
Also, a WSM 18 inch (the mid-size).
Accessories - well - a whole slew of baskets for the vegetables, the fish "basket" and one rotisserie and of course the GBS system as such.
You probably wonder why two Performers - well - I wanted the gas lightning on both for the outdoor kitchen and I wanted stock solution for hanging the kettles on something different than the very bulky steel frame that the Performer unfortunately is.

Other than that, not a very skilled cooker, but, aiming to learn as I go.

Cheers,
WeberSwede

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New to the WKC...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 03:16:42 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. USA nothing wrong with owning 2 of any Weber. Plenty of awesome folks here willing to help speed up the learning curve
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 03:37:58 AM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeberSwede

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 05:18:15 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. :) I guess the day's just started over at your side of the pond. :)  Just started chasing the next part for the outdoor kitchen - a steel tank... :)

I need a sink which can hold the 22 inch grates while cleaning them. :) So, I figured a large water tank and cutting the top off, would do the trick. Only problem is to find the right diameter. but, I might actually have found one.

Let's see what the owner says.

while at it - anyone having any design ideas for a fixed brick solution for the weber's, the sink and also a fairly large prep-area for the food? :) I know rougly what I am looking for, but, ideas, concepts and thoughts are more than welcome. :)

Oh - and while on the subject - anyone has the Weber Connect Smart Griling Hub? I find it would be great for the WSM with the 4 different probes, but, I've seen the comments on the app and.....let's say it does not bode well. Another this is that a mate of mine bought the iGrill and could not for his life understand what Weber needed the GPS location for. Same on the Connect? need GPS access?

Cheers,
WeberSwede
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 05:25:30 AM by WeberSwede »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 05:28:44 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama USA!  Sounds like you have a really nice group of cookers there.  I've learned a lot here and you will too..... as far as grate cleaning, I'm more of a heat it up and scrub it while on the grill person unless it's one of my cherished beauties.  In that case, the garden hose and a steel wool pad does the trick.  Have fun!

WeberSwede

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 05:37:29 AM »
Hi,

I was on that perspective as well - with the garden hose...until I remembered that my water outlet was on the direct opposite of the house, compared to where I am about to get the outdoor kitchen. :)

Also, need to improve WAF, as currently brining in the grate into the house for cleaning and storage is not "well receieved".. :)

Maybe I should also get a regular 1 pot electric stove to have really hot water?  Effective for cleaning up grates and veg.baskets etc etc..

Oh, ok - this was a bad idea to sign up...now I will get all sorts of crazy ideas to implement/fit... :)

Thanks for the suggestions though,
WeberSwede

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 02:11:32 PM »
Welcome from Arizona!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »
Welcome to the Wkc from the suburbs of Chicago [emoji2321]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 09:09:23 PM »
Hello

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
View to a Grill on YouTube

WeberSwede

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 11:09:55 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, all of you. :) Unfortunately, I can't say the same about todays weather over here... + 12C degrees and cludy - not yet raining but.....I am sure that will happen soon. 

No-one testing the Weber connect app and the smart grill hub? :)

Cheers,
WeberSwede
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 11:28:50 PM by WeberSwede »