Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What are the Best Practices for the most basic mods @ assembly  (Read 2818 times)

no92

• Happy Cooker
What are the Best Practices for the most basic mods @ assembly
« on: September 27, 2020, 09:23:00 PM »
Long time fan, first time post. Snagged a new Glen 26". Heart's on fire, I'm so excited. I'm assembling this thing and I'm thinking, man, it's just the same old nuts and bolts. Arn't there some baseline heatproof washers I should be using to keep a good seal and protect the grill for the long haul. What are he most basic preventative practices all users should deploy during assembly? Please point me to that post!

Glad to be a part of the...
Jon McDermott
No, not the Jon McDermott that owes you money.
The other one.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What are the Best Practices for the most basic mods @ assembly
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 03:28:43 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. a lot of folks replace the hardware with SS
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 05:10:51 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, Alabama.  Those GBs are a sight to behold for sure.  Like JEBIV said, some replace stock hardware with SS..some add fiber washers, especially to the lid handle area to help protect the porcelain.  Some install custom wood handles and a more retro looking set of wheels.  Enjoy it!

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 05:32:46 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

ThinBlu42

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 09:25:10 AM »
Looks like we are in the same boat no92. I just got the Glen Blu 26 and joined to find out all these same things.

Assembly tips, mods, handles, wheels etc. Im in for the whole deal.

I already ordered the Lavalock 1/2 x 1/8 gasket to make the lid seal better and close with a thunk instead of a clang.

I am looking for some classic looking wheels and some solid wood handles and bail rollers.

Should we start a thread in the mods forum instead of here so more members will see and chime in? Maybe start a what mods are you doing to your new Glen blu 26?
It's not GRILLING that makes you old.
It's NOT grilling that makes you old.