Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Let's talk about customer service  (Read 8707 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Let's talk about customer service
« on: June 27, 2020, 06:02:31 AM »
Talk me off this ledge if I am going overboard.  I am trying to be understanding of the current situation but I am hearing more and more from people who simply are not getting support from Weber.

Weber built its name on a great product and solid customer service,  we have witnessed over the past couple of years the products getting cheaper and cheaper in quality (Look at the Spirit II if you want proof).  People look past this a bit and excuse it by saying they still have great customer service.

Over the past two days I have tried to get a hold of an agent to get some parts to not talk to someone and need to leave a message.  I am speaking to other people who are telling me that they have left multiple messages and they will not call back.

As I said, people will make excuses for cheapening of products so long as support is still there, lose the support and you are going to lose people.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Let's talk about customer service
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 07:06:33 AM »
I was on the phone with Weber earlier this week - was on hold for about 30 minutes and then decided to take the callback option, so I pressed "2", the system verified my phone number and I got a call back in about 10 minutes.  While not being overly nice, the lady did take care of my needs and my parts are supposed to arrive today according to FedEx tracking.  I think maybe the callback option through the main system could be your best option.  Good luck.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 08:45:34 AM »
I was on the phone with Weber earlier this week - was on hold for about 30 minutes and then decided to take the callback option, so I pressed "2", the system verified my phone number and I got a call back in about 10 minutes.  While not being overly nice, the lady did take care of my needs and my parts are supposed to arrive today according to FedEx tracking.  I think maybe the callback option through the main system could be your best option.  Good luck.

I will try that
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 09:34:00 AM »
I had a very similar experience.  Used the hold call back service.  No questions asked.  They shipped out a warranty part and it came in 5 days to Canada.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:36:30 AM by DougWilsonsSlapper »

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 10:03:08 AM »
I’m having an issue with trying to get a hold of Weber customer service too. I did the press 2 for callback and no one called me back. Also did the leave a message and we’ll get back to you thing. I also filed a warranty claim online before contacting them and no answer. I’m not mad, Because I know they’re busy and with COVID it makes things tough on the customer service reps. But it’s been almost two weeks since I filed this warranty claim online. I’ll try calling them again Monday morning, wish me luck! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »
Covid hit a lot of businesses hard that probably weren’t prepared for have employees work from home. After years of great customer service I think people can cut them some slack for these few months.

ISO Red Outrider.

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 11:49:13 AM »
Plus 1
Covid hit a lot of businesses hard that probably weren’t prepared for have employees work from home. After years of great customer service I think people can cut them some slack for these few months.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 11:52:20 AM »

Right. So many people are home and grilling more than they normally would so they are probably swamped . I just called the other day because the kid bail on my ivory scratched up my lid. Sending a new bail and lid . There customer service is really amazing . These people working there are probably burnt out. Like most of us are. 

Just my thoughts!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »
I’ve had an email in to both Weber Customer Service, as well as Menard’s Customer Service.... 2+ weeks waiting on a reply from both. If we weren’t in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic, there would be no wait. Patience.

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 01:52:57 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonesBBQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 06:10:25 PM »
I think they have been swamped with SmokeFire issues too, which can’t be helping.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 04:20:47 AM »
I think they have been swamped with SmokeFire issues too, which can’t be helping.

The release of the smokefire + covid probably is the perfect storm.  I am currently making my 4th call. 

mahnamahna

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 02:28:42 PM »
Sadly, if you look at the visitor messages on their Facebook page, you can see that the customer service has been horrible the last few months.  Hopefully they can return to normal staffing and service levels soon.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 04:38:49 PM »
After reading this post I had to go read the reviews on the Smokefire.
The Ex6 has a 3.0 avg review and the Ex4 has a 3.2
Even without the 'Rona I think they would have their hands full. Seems like the bugs could have been worked out a little better before sending them out to the customers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 03:49:11 AM »
After my fourth call and pressing 2 to leave my number someone did call me back and helped out.  So I would suggest not sitting on hold waiting for someone to answer, just press 2 and leave a number to call back.