Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Let's talk about customer service  (Read 8706 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Let's talk about customer service
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 03:56:18 AM »
After reading this post I had to go read the reviews on the Smokefire.
The Ex6 has a 3.0 avg review and the Ex4 has a 3.2
Even without the 'Rona I think they would have their hands full. Seems like the bugs could have been worked out a little better before sending them out to the customers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

It's a shame that there are so many issues with the SmokeFire, I see what they did as an honest attempt to draw in the average backyard griller.  Some of the stuff they did that seemed brilliant turned out to be a negative.  One thing that I thought was brilliant was when the grill is shutting off the auger will reverse to bring the pellets back in the hopper.  Initially this seemed brilliant to prevent burn back in the hopper.  In reality it just grinds up the pellets to a powder.  Great idea, bad execution.

Of course we know about the larger issues
Grease fires, controller issues
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 06:37:39 AM »
It took me two months of weekly weekly emails to get an issue with my Summit grilling Center resolved.  I assumed the original tech was laid off due to covid-19 and I was just filling her inbox up. I did not attempt to cal lin.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 09:52:41 AM »
Although I did have to wait a while on hold, I did find that customer service was very helpful.

Babekyu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2020, 12:59:22 PM »
Yes, they are swamped, but patience and understanding goes a long way.  I bought a WSM a few weeks ago and after I assembled it, I discovered that it was missing one of the lid handles.  I submitted two tickets online through the Weber website but didn't hear anything.  I am working from home these days so one day I decided to call them.  I sat on hold for 30 minutes before someone finally answered.  I was very nice and the lady on the other end was nice.  I got the handle I needed a few days later.
Weber Spirit/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold