Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22" MT or 26" Premium?  (Read 2613 times)

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
Re: 22" MT or 26" Premium?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2020, 10:33:37 AM »
26 for sure. Cooking for four or more on a regular basis is what I do and I use the 26 3-4 times a week.  A genesis and a 26 is a great combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thank you!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2020, 11:09:48 AM »
Welcome!  I thought you already ordered 26" from your earlier intro post.

Anyways, you can't go wrong with either one of them.  For big cooks, you will be using gasser in tandem with charcoal anyways. I am thinking 22" will work ok too.  For most cooks, 22" does it much more fuel efficient and easier to handle. Plus, don't forget the price difference and color choices.  @ $500 can. to order  black 26" vs. @$350 can. for any color ( black, ivory, slate, smoke, spring green, ocean blue) Master touch.

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »

Anyways, you can't go wrong with either one of them.  For big cooks, you will be using gasser in tandem with charcoal anyways. I am thinking 22" will work ok too.  For most cooks, 22" does it much more fuel efficient and easier to handle. Plus, don't forget the price difference and color choices.  @ $500 can. to order  black 26" vs. @$350 can. for any color ( black, ivory, slate, smoke, spring green, ocean blue) Master touch.

I ordered and then backtracked and then thought I'd ask here.

The price difference is big and the colours of the MT are nice (really nice) and so are the accessories, but I think I would prefer to not have to cook in too many stages even if just a few times a year.  I know me and I think I'll regret not paying the extra, especially when I want to cook 3 or more slabs of ribs at once or a bunch of burgers and dogs.

When you say tougher to handle the 26, what do you mean? 

Thank you for the thoughts.  It's really appreciated.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2020, 11:25:44 AM »
Don’t think twice, just get the 26”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »

The price difference is big and the colours of the MT are nice (really nice) and so are the accessories, but I think I would prefer to not have to cook in too many stages even if just a few times a year.  I know me and I think I'll regret not paying the extra, especially when I want to cook 3 or more slabs of ribs at once or a bunch of burgers and dogs.

You could load 3 to 4 ribs with rib rack on 22".  26" is much bigger and heavier.  Just lifting the lid out of the way in the lid bale takes twice the effort as it is that much heavier. I love using my 26" at times but having that as my only charcoal kettle.... I am not so sure.

Your choice, and it seems like you are already set on 26" anyways. I am just giving you my honest (other side)opinion.  Just do it and don't look back. You will enjoy either way.

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 12:05:46 PM »

You could load 3 to 4 ribs with rib rack on 22".  26" is much bigger and heavier.  Just lifting the lid out of the way in the lid bale takes twice the effort as it is that much heavier. I love using my 26" at times but having that as my only charcoal kettle.... I am not so sure.

Your choice, and it seems like you are already set on 26" anyways. I am just giving you my honest (other side)opinion.  Just do it and don't look back. You will enjoy either way.

I think your thoughts are important.  This is what I want to hear.  Even if I go with 26, this is helping me. How many burgers, striploins/rib eyes, etc., can you get on the 22?

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 12:11:06 PM »
Someone asked for comparison pics...??? Here's my 22" MasterTouch & 26" OTG.  The MasterTouch is a good 22" comparison because it has the same "tires" as the large 26", thus their bowls sit at the same height.

26 on left; 22 on right. Hopefully the size difference stands out.  The lid sits vertically in the bale on the 26 vs the 22, and the grilling surface is higher in the bowl.  See pics for more differences.....

Sadly my 26 has sat in my basement for over 5 years while my BGE, other 22" MasterTouch and Performer handle basically 100% of my grilling and smoking duties. Everything else is just part of the collection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:13:30 PM by magic mike »

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2020, 12:13:09 PM »
You could always get the performer with the foldable table if your worried about space and want something with a working space. But like the rest of the guys said on this thread, go with the 26 and you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
Someone asked for comparison pics...??? Here's my 22" MasterTouch & 26" OTG.  The MasterTouch is a good 22" comparison because it has the same "tires" as the large 26", thus their bowls sit at the same height.

26 on left; 22 on right. Hopefully the size difference stands out.  The lid sits vertically in the bale on the 26 vs the 22, and the grilling surface is higher in the bowl.  See pics for more differences.....

Sadly my 26 has sat in my basement for over 5 years while my BGE, other 22" MasterTouch and Performer handle basically 100% of my grilling and smoking duties. Everything else is just part of the collection.

This is awesome!  How come you use the 22 mostly?

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2020, 12:37:52 PM »

I’m grilling or smoking for a family of 4 (which includes two heavyweight-eating late teenagers), and (with a Slow N Sear and ‘Grillzilla’ second-tier cooking rack) I’ve managed to make the 22.5 work for just about every cooking scenario. Usually I’m doing burgers and dogs, chicken parts (things, legs leg quarters, etc) or wings (which with my setup I can easily do 50 moderate-sized wings at once).

If COVID outbreaks subside in time for our son’s high school graduation (now pushed to mid-July), and we have a large gathering I’ll likely use both the 22 and 26.

magic mike

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 12:38:59 PM »

I’m grilling or smoking for a family of 4 (which includes two heavyweight-eating late teenagers), and (with a Slow N Sear and ‘Grillvana’ second-tier cooking rack) I’ve managed to make the 22.5 work for just about every cooking scenario. Usually I’m doing burgers and dogs, chicken parts (things, legs leg quarters, etc) or wings (which with my setup I can easily do 50 moderate-sized wings at once).

If COVID outbreaks subside in time for our son’s high school graduation (now pushed to mid-July), and we have a large gathering I’ll likely use both the 22 and 26.

Jwych

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »
Side by side of 22 vs 26

https://pasteboard.co/J70VNtY.jpg

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 12:45:11 PM »
The 26er also comes with a Stainless steel cooking grate.
No brisket has been too big yet.
Love the extra capacity when doing wings, drums or thighs with a vortex.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »
Side by side of 22 vs 26

https://pasteboard.co/J70VNtY.jpg

Thanks!  The MT is about as close in height to the 26, but this is helpful.

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 12:50:41 PM »

I’m grilling or smoking for a family of 4 (which includes two heavyweight-eating late teenagers), and (with a Slow N Sear and ‘Grillvana’ second-tier cooking rack) I’ve managed to make the 22.5 work for just about every cooking scenario. Usually I’m doing burgers and dogs, chicken parts (things, legs leg quarters, etc) or wings (which with my setup I can easily do 50 moderate-sized wings at once).

Yeah, I will cook for most of those things regularly for sure.  How many burgers and dogs are you getting on the 22.5?