Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Discussion: SnS Grills Kettle  (Read 9321 times)

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Re: Discussion: SnS Grills Kettle
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 03:35:56 PM »
Just watched the walk around video of it and it’s a well thought out grill. Like the 4 legs , thermo on the vent side , and the smoke port for low smoking.  . Price point will be key.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

wildeagle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 05:07:28 PM »
I saw them online are you saying they are no good? I looked at him when I bought my smoke and Sear
I know I saw some of you here on facebook watching David's preview of it.

Thoughts?  I think this is basically the a custom version of the Nepolean and the Sam's Club Grill Mark grill with all the SnS Grills accessories.  Plus slide aside and small side table.

Ryan  Andrew Moore

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »
Looks like it's well-made.
I'm more interested in the kamado though

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 03:26:01 AM »
I agree with Troy. It is pretty hard to keep my eyes on that kettle with that kamado in view.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Discussion: SnS Grills Kettle
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 04:57:49 AM »
I was just stirring the pot. I don’t care where this thread resides.

I just get “triggered” when I see a four legged kettle [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:02:00 AM by HoosierKettle »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 05:10:47 AM »
Would be interesting to know if it is coated in porcelain enamel like some we know to last 50+ years....

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 06:05:44 AM »
Lotta hate in this thread, for no reason.  Yes our new kettle is Porcelain, and everything about it is high quality.  It works much better with the Slow 'N Sear than an unmodified Weber kettle for people that want to use the kettle for low and slow smoking.   Believe it or not, most people don't want to mod their kettles.  We've had the request for a dedicated grill from MANY people, and we're making it for THEM.  A few of you weberheads just need to get over yourselves. lol ;)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 06:17:20 AM »
This weberhead owns two slow-n-sears, two SS drip pans, a XR-50 and just ordered a SS basket for my 18.  No hate here, thanks for all you do - no gratitude needed or expected.  ;)

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2020, 06:25:48 AM »
no gratitude needed or expected.  ;)

Well guess what, you get it anyway... thank you!  8)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 06:31:12 AM »
no gratitude needed or expected.  ;)

Well guess what, you get it anyway... thank you!  8)

All good......Now, if you would like to throw a kamado my way, I currently have no emotional ties to anything in that category lol!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 06:33:20 AM »
Lotta hate in this thread, for no reason.  Yes our new kettle is Porcelain, and everything about it is high quality.  It works much better with the Slow 'N Sear than an unmodified Weber kettle for people that want to use the kettle for low and slow smoking.   Believe it or not, most people don't want to mod their kettles.  We've had the request for a dedicated grill from MANY people, and we're making it for THEM.  A few of you weberheads just need to get over yourselves. lol ;)

I see zero hate. Why the insult at the end? I realize you guys make terrific aftermarket products (I've bought some), but to be honest, I'm taken aback by this. I don't doubt that you've done your research and everything you said is true. However, the original poster asked for people's opinions, based on the pic, and those who have posted (which is not 100% of the members, mind you) have given them. I mean you asked Weber Kettle Club members for their thoughts on a Weber kettle knockoff. What did you expect? I personally was hoping for more info on features, benefits, potential price point, etc. Help me understand the why. It's on you guys to sell us, not the other way around, right? I didn't see a video link, so you'll have to forgive me for not knowing more. Thx.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Discussion: SnS Grills Kettle
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »
I own many of your products and I like them a lot.  One of my replies complimented your product. 

However, I don’t appreciate your reply or the assertion of hate or telling me to get over myself.  That’s certainly not helping me to embrace your new product.  Really disappointing to read, especially coming from the leader of the organization. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:55:39 AM by michaelmilitello »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 07:25:01 AM »
So David,  I am not sure it as much hate as much as we have on this forum some very specific preferences with regards to outdoor cookers.  Personally, I like to diversify, I have a kamado, Pellet grills, Gassers and many variety of kettles.

I wanted to bring this up as a discussion point because, hell, I am sick of all the Corona Virus talk.  I think you have an interesting concept, I am interested in what accessories are included and what price point this will come in at.  I think it is a bold move to taking on the leader of the pack but hats off to you.  Good luck David, many on here love your products, not sure the impact of this recent product line for this crowd but you never know.  Good Luck.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.