Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Discussion: SnS Grills Kettle  (Read 9459 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Discussion: SnS Grills Kettle
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2020, 05:21:10 PM »
I’m curious if you tried any prototype with 3 legs instead of 4?  Minimal number of points to make a plane is 3 which is why 3 legged stools or kettle don’t wobble. How stable is this cooker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2020, 06:22:44 PM »
Of the 46 videos on Facebook's SnS Grills, which video is it? I saw the "The Slow ‘N Sear® Kamado Grill," posted 5 weeks ago, there's no "SnS kettle grill, on that video. 

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2020, 06:24:29 PM »
Wobble & stability are not really the same thing.  Basically, it should be more stable with four legs.  In other words, a bit harder to tip over or blow over & likely able to carry more weight. 

More importantly, Weber is kind of well know for going after companies making a kettle having 3 legs.  I've never read their legal filings, but will probably get around to it one day, just out of curiosity. 

I’m curious if you tried any prototype with 3 legs instead of 4?  Minimal number of points to make a plane is 3 which is why 3 legged stools or kettle don’t wobble. How stable is this cooker?

regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2020, 06:31:14 PM »
Interestingly, they never went after that H. E. Bremer Holiday Grill that @brewtownbeatdown wrote about. 
regards,
Hal

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2020, 06:35:59 PM »
Interestingly, they never went after that H. E. Bremer Holiday Grill that @brewtownbeatdown wrote about.
Probably cuz George Stephens & Harold Bremer went to NYC to party together, since they were friends, under the guise of designing their kettles. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2020, 12:29:20 AM »
Yeah, I read that in your write up and it likely is one reason.  Another reason might be that even if they were not friends, Bremer's product wasn't really much by the way of competition.

I find it interesting from the trademark perspective.  It might potentially raise some interesting trademark issues.  They might all be kind of moot at this point (MAYBE), but might possibly have been more of an issue around the Happy Cooker litigation if HC had been aware.

Probably cuz George Stephens & Harold Bremer went to NYC to party together, since they were friends, under the guise of designing their kettles. 

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:34:01 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

CurtP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »
Where is it made?

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2020, 11:45:31 AM »
Where is it made?

In all seriousness, at the end of the video he did say they would be sourced over seas, not sure if he said China.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 11:53:35 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2020, 06:48:56 AM »
It sounded like he said "wuhanchina," in one muffled breath. But it could've just been an explosive sneeze, because you can barely hear someone say "bless you," in the background, and the guy holding the camera said

"gazoontite!" right afterwards.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2020, 04:43:10 AM »

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2020, 05:45:17 AM »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 06:30:11 AM »
Looks like a Landmann grill.

https://landmann.com/us/product/kepler-300-22″-kettle-charcoal-grill/

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Not sure I agree, the Landmann grill looks like something for the dump in 2 years.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.