Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Garden thread  (Read 16594 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Garden thread
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:39:48 AM »
Show us your garden.

This is my first year and I didn’t plant a lot but it’s been very rewarding so far. I’ve made myself a jalapeño cheese omelette everyday for a week and I’ve made salsa as well. I’ve got tobasco peppers in pots.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Garden thread
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:24:01 AM »
Hot topic LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 09:27:32 AM »

Hot topic LOL

Too hot. My stomach has been a wreck lately lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 03:02:05 PM »
Here's my wife and I garden.

Bought a different house in January and decided to do our first garden this year and have been well pleased with it.

Have some Japanese cucumbers, basil, parsley, sage, mint and peppermint, bell peppers and I have the jalapeno and gypsy sweet pepper plants.

It's been some of the best fun we've had and next year we're doing a lot bigger garden.

Not bad for first timers I guess.

Next year I'll plant about a dozen jalapeno plants to have a more steady maybe daily supply I love them dam things I'll eat them in everything lol.

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »
put that cucumber beside your cat unexpectedly and watch the fireworks!  LoL!
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 02:56:41 AM »
Loving yhe garden pics, my ph got messed up this year and locked my calcium out or something. Everything was doing great, then a good majority of the plants started putting on deformed growth.
I have gotten some pods though, and I have a decemt amount that needs picked. I'm hoping for great Sep-oct weather, should be able to get some more out of my non affected plants

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 07:56:12 AM »
Loving yhe garden pics, my ph got messed up this year and locked my calcium out or something. Everything was doing great, then a good majority of the plants started putting on deformed growth.
I have gotten some pods though, and I have a decemt amount that needs picked. I'm hoping for great Sep-oct weather, should be able to get some more out of my non affected plants
Your peppers look great to me, love the variety and colours.

Like I said this is our first year doing a garden but we've been well pleased.

Next year I wanna do maybe three raised beds 4' x 12' and double 2x6 high and try some different peppers plus jalapenos again but I think I'll try the grow bags for them.

All we used this year was a few bags of Sta Green bagged garden soil and some compost plus I tilled the raised bed area down about 8 inches first.

No problem with birds or squirrels but did have a cat in there a couple times till I sprinkled a bunch of black pepper in the garden and placed a bunch of toothpicks about halfway in the soil that cured that problem lol.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »
Ended up getting a decent harvest.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
Ended up getting a decent harvest.
Very nice harvest.

Next year I'm planting a bigger variety of peppers. My wife doesn't like spicy things so they will all be for me[emoji16]

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 09:49:27 PM »
If you need any seeds let me know. They are open pollinated, so there is a chance they crossed with something else. But I have a ton of hot to super hot seeds. And a few good sweet pepper strains too.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »
If you need any seeds let me know. They are open pollinated, so there is a chance they crossed with something else. But I have a ton of hot to super hot seeds. And a few good sweet pepper strains too.
Hey thank you I appreciate that. I'm going to make a grow box over the winter and start my seeds using the double cup method. I've never tried it before but seems like it works really good.

My three jalapeno plants and the gypsy sweet pepper plant was Bonnie plants I got from Lowes. They did ah okay-ish I guess one did really well I guess. They taste good just not enough of a supply for me.

I think I'll do like a dozen jalapeno plants next year lol.

I will say the homegrown jalapenos and everything we grew in our garden tastes so much better than store bought. And it's been a lot of fun for the wifey and myself, this was our first year we did a garden and became totally hooked.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »
You can't beat the flavor on homegrown veggies. Might be the extra love you put into them! Lol

Come up to topeka sometime before the first frost and I will hook you up

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 06:29:09 AM »
Here's my ghost pepper tree

Sent from my VS988 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 03:37:39 PM »

Sent from my VS988 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
[emoji7][emoji892][emoji892][emoji892][emoji892]

HazelWelch

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »

:)
Amazing, I also have a small mini garden in front of my house, my father has an interest in doing gardening. So he always used to do plantation of tomatoes, chili, coriander, and many more. we do not need to purchase this stuff from the outside world.