Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "P" Vents  (Read 2664 times)

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
Re: "P" Vents
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 02:39:41 PM »
I guess the 1 handle is new to the premiums moving forward?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Partagas

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 05:51:38 PM »
I would love to hear the science behind this p vent improvement BS. Seems like a lack of innovation to me. If they want to make improvements lets make a 26” performer series. Heck make a 30” or bigger. Make more colors! People love colors! Its not an improvement per say but def an aesthetic improvement. Make me an patriotic weber! We love our red white and blue!
I think weber can come up with so much more, they have become complacent, and stale , and that  will be their downfall unless they do something to light up their creative fire.
Having said that doesn’t change the fact that im a big fan of their products. So easy on the fire...[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kaan

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 10:45:05 PM »
I am on my first Weber and it has P vents.
Without the ability to compare its hard to say if it is an improvement.
That being said, for what it is worth, i find that whenever i am trying to target a low temp, i end up in the P part of the setting.

MaroonOut09

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 01:51:52 PM »
I just bought a Smoke Master-Touch, and it has the P vents, but the Black Premium I bought last fall had the standard vents, so perhaps they are rolling it out slowly.

I'm pretty sure the Kettle pictured above is the Limited Edition Red Kettle that came out last year, which came with a lid bale, so that's why there's only one handle.

You can still buy the Limited Edition Red Kettles on Home Depot's website (EDIT: Actually it looks like they are out of stock from every retailer, even online):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-22-in-Limited-Edition-Original-Kettle-Premium-Charcoal-Grill-in-Red-14615001/302669874

If you're looking for a Crimson, I believe those are exclusive to Ace Hardware:

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/charcoal-grills/8406621

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 01:57:16 PM »
Its mine, and its definitely a crimson, and got from BBQ guys website. The flash just makes it look red

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:59:03 PM by jeremiahmercier »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 02:13:15 PM »

I would love to hear the science behind this p vent improvement BS. Seems like a lack of innovation to me. If they want to make improvements lets make a 26” performer series. Heck make a 30” or bigger. Make more colors! People love colors! Its not an improvement per say but def an aesthetic improvement. Make me an patriotic weber! We love our red white and blue!
I think weber can come up with so much more, they have become complacent, and stale , and that  will be their downfall unless they do something to light up their creative fire.
Having said that doesn’t change the fact that im a big fan of their products. So easy on the fire...[emoji51]

I don’t think there is any science involved. It’s just a common sense improvement like most of Weber’s improvements. Probably why they are so successful.

I haven’t used a “p” vent yet but it makes perfect sense and one of the only things that makes me want a new Weber.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »

Look! All the P vent does is make it easier to smoke. You don't have to worry so much about the regular gap.