Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "P" Vents  (Read 2089 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
"P" Vents
« on: June 25, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
Hi folks, just trying to understand the advantage to the new "P" vents. I have owned Weber kettles since before God invented dirt, and never had any issues with vent adjustments throughout their design changes. Is this new-fangled "P" vent really that good? Earth shattering? What will it do that I cannot already do? Anyone out there own a kettle with the "P" vents? Seems more of a gimmick to me, but I ask the masses to educate me, prove me wrong. I am looking to buy another kettle... do I need this?
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

SixZeroFour

Re: "P" Vents
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 12:03:54 PM »
Not an earth shattering change by any means. It gives marginally better fine adjustment at low temps for smoking but its hardly noticeable IMO
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 12:11:13 PM »
Not an earth shattering change by any means. It gives marginally better fine adjustment at low temps for smoking but its hardly noticeable IMO

Yeah, I kinda figured that. Thanks for the insight! 
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »
Curious myself, I wonder if you can get even less airflow for really low and slow like you can with an old 3 wheeler. It was developed for the Summit charcoal correct? seems like it would be good for using lump and still able to get low temps?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »
It helps to some degree, but on the Summit in particular (and on well used OT systems) I find the very tips on the 3-fin ash sweep doesn't lay perfectly flat against the bowl anyways which allows a bit more air to creep in somewhat negating the ability to choke it down really low.

A good old' 3-wheeler still has better fine control down low
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 12:25:24 PM »
Can anybody post a pic of what this is about or a link? I have no idea what P vents are.
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 12:31:13 PM »
It helps to some degree, but on the Summit in particular (and on well used OT systems) I find the very tips on the 3-fin ash sweep doesn't lay perfectly flat against the bowl anyways which allows a bit more air to creep in somewhat negating the ability to choke it down really low.

A good old' 3-wheeler still has better fine control down low
I do love the old 3 wheeler for low n slow especially a 26er

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 12:55:43 PM »
"P" vents.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 12:56:02 PM »
Can anybody post a pic of what this is about or a link? I have no idea what P vents are.
+1

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 12:59:42 PM »
Thanks @RRRanger99
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 05:16:21 AM »
It’s tough to fault Weber for trying to make small improvements to a tried and true design. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 07:25:36 AM »
that's right...once you have a successful platform, improvements are incremental going forward.
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 02:18:18 PM »
So, anybody notice another difference in below picture?...

I got 1 Crimson for fathers day, and ordered another and it just came in. Do they still make the Crimson? It's not on Weber site, and only a handful of places carry any stock. Either way, fathers day grill did not have P vents, but this one does, when did they begin this? Also, try to see if anyone notices the other difference for this Premium series Kettle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cellar2ful

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 02:27:40 PM »

It has "d" vents and rear bowl handle delete option.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Yankeefan303

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 02:28:57 PM »

So, anybody notice another difference in below picture?...

I got 1 Crimson for fathers day, and ordered another and it just came in. Do they still make the Crimson? It's not on Weber site, and only a handful of places carry any stock. Either way, fathers day grill did not have P vents, but this one does, when did they begin this? Also, try to see if anyone notices the other difference for this Premium series Kettle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Only 1 handle

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club