Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: what are your other pursuits?  (Read 8235 times)

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: what are your other pursuits?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 05:23:09 AM »

Oh yeah!  I’m finally growing peppers this year. I want to experiment with dehydrating and making seasoning out of them. My little brother does that every year. Also would like to make sauces. I experimented a little last year.

I want a bottle of your best kick your ass hot sauce!  Seriously. Let me know and I’ll buy a bottle or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Some of my first sauces I made I forgot to weigh some of the ingredients, or I just weighed all the peppers together, so I need to get the sweet pepper to hot pepper ratio figured out. I saved 2-3 bottles from each batch to hopefully get them right again. I have about a case of this sauce I call white devil, I'm waiting on my buddy to finish the artwork. And I have a couple ferment going that I need to process.

I'm not good at quoting multiple posts, if you guys wanna pay for shipping I will send you a bottle. I would like to get the labels done first though. I need to get an outdoor sauce making setup, cause if I'm not careful with the super hots I will run the family out of the house lol.

I have a masterbuilt cabinet I turned into a cold smoker, I would like to put a heating element in it with a temp controller to use as a smoke/dehydrator. If that happens I will definitely have some powder for you guys

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 06:29:57 AM »
traveling by car and seeing old time America, we have done the blue ridge complete north to south, going to do the opposite direction soon, doing the pacific coast October next year Seattle to san fran then join the west coast gang for the beach meetup. we keep maps in the car and check off roads as we travel trying hard to find new roads all the time.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 07:47:48 AM »
traveling by car and seeing old time America, we have done the blue ridge complete north to south, going to do the opposite direction soon, doing the pacific coast October next year Seattle to san fran then join the west coast gang for the beach meetup. we keep maps in the car and check off roads as we travel trying hard to find new roads all the time.

what do you mean by 'old time' exactly?
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2019, 07:58:01 AM »

what do you mean by 'old time' exactly?
little small cities that seem to have frozen in time, where everyone knows everyone, a lot of front porch sittin and people still wave when you drive by
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
Women.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 08:24:02 PM »
Amateur Radio is a huge interest of mine.. lets see.. other things I dabble in.. photography, canoeing/camping, coleman lanterns & stoves, r/c aircraft, tinkering with cars, fishing, baking sinful pies entirely from scratch, I dunno... that's a start.
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 04:37:52 AM »
hey James, what do you mean by amateur radio exactly?

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 04:07:27 AM »
Aquariums, coaching Middle School football, building stuff outta wood, software dev, arduino projects, and my old truck.
Pipe smoking too, but not that wacky stuff.
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
what are your other pursuits?
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 11:53:27 PM »
VWs (of course), and also my job. Thats my passion. My job is to provide NASA with conjunction analysis for this ISS and all visiting vehicles. In other words, I make sure the ISS doesnt get hit by other objects in space. We calculate orbits and trajectories using systems and then tell the system to capture any trajectories that will come into a “bubble” around the ISS. Whatever comes close we report to NASA. I dont work for them, but with them. We alsp collect observations on alot of objects using sensors across the globe and determine their path.   Its alot of fun. Lately ive been into Coleman stoves.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 11:55:13 PM by Vwbuggin64 »
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2019, 06:59:00 AM »
Aquariums, coaching Middle School football, building stuff outta wood, software dev, arduino projects, and my old truck.

what kinda fish do you keep Schaefd2?

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 10:40:25 AM »

what kinda fish do you keep Schaefd2?
I built a 200 gal tank for my wife's 20 year old Red Eared Slider. Since the turtle died, we converted it to a freshwater community tank. Giant Danios, Loaches, Roseline Sharks, and some swordtails.
You?
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 10:52:36 AM »
Old cars and Coleman lanterns

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2019, 11:15:51 AM »
Classic/vintage Kirby vacuums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 02:33:32 PM »
Classic/vintage Kirby vacuums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that is interesting, restore and resell or keep? They are bad ass vacuums

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »
Eating and CrossFit

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club