Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Calling out to "addicted-to-smoke"  (Read 835 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Calling out to "addicted-to-smoke"
« on: August 05, 2019, 05:42:05 AM »
Calling out to @addicted-to-smoke

Hey bud, haven't seen you post any of your cooking wisdom in a while. Saw you were logged on about a month ago. Hope all is well.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Calling out to "addicted-to-smoke"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:53:43 AM »
Yeah i  miss him also. He's active on FB once in a while.  Apparently he's very busy  with  household chores around  his property. 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 12:57:37 PM »
Just texted with Dave (ATS) he is doing well but many non hobby issues effecting his time, but wants us all to know he is well
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »
Just texted with Dave (ATS) he is doing well but many non hobby issues effecting his time, but wants us all to know he is well

Thanks so much Joe, for simply reaching out to ATS. A similar post on another prevalent site informed us of another grill fellas sudden/untimely passing. It hit hard. Just a few weeks earlier, we were talking recipes. In a blink...he was gone. There's a strong community here...stay connected everyone. We're all in this together. 8)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 06:54:59 AM »
I DON'T WANT TO GO ON THE CART!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBxMPqxJGqI

My lame-ass issue is that unless I can at least somewhat commit to a thing, I essentially must drop it. I have a list of other hobbies over the years I either could not afford monetarily or time wise, so it's not just grilling. I was prepping to cook or buying for a cook, doing the cook, cleaning later, nearly every day. And then take pictures/video, edit, post, reply.

I doubt I ever learned a sane "system," and so much of that would consume more than a few hours each day. Unsustainable for me, and I'm not even employed so I *should* have the time, but nope.

Last year we got another dog. That's 3 dogs and now 4 cats that live on the large wraparound porch. They live the best life, no leash necessary and only caged when the horses get fed so that they don't harass them. Run all over the place but never far from home. But there's a large cage right where much of my grill stuff is positioned, the puppy ate my Performer's wires and ruined a bunch of other small stuff strewn all over. The wife and kids asked why I "don't grill any more." I'm over it, and so so much more.

It's been a busy summer with family stuff, some travel, and my somewhat large (for me) project of getting some old mowers around here in proper working order. Still working on that, and then I accepted the task from a brother-in-law to fix his truck ... and so it goes. I'm not a natural at it, so research and trips to the store and YouTube how-to videos consume time. All that crap normal people don't do when they're working instead.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 07:07:04 AM »
Good to hear from you!  You could at least pop in and critique my cooks or disagree with my grilling philosophy once in awhile. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 07:49:31 AM »
Good to hear from you!  You could at least pop in and critique my cooks or disagree with my grilling philosophy once in awhile. [emoji3]

No way, man. From here on out it's nothing but roses and sunshine from me!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch