Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE  (Read 2979 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Weber Stainless Steel Performer Gen 1 - EE
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 12:56:47 PM »
Nice assist, JEBIV.  Those sweepers are getting harder and harder to source.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2024, 05:08:25 AM »
Nice assist, JEBIV.  Those sweepers are getting harder and harder to source.
I know, that's why I buy them whenever I see them for sale
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Babekyu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:59:04 AM »
I feel like I should replace the burner tube because it has what seems to be a long crack.  Not sure if it's a legitimate crack, or if it's corroded.  The burner and igniter assembly works, but the flame comes out all along the crack.  I'd rather just have the flame come out the end, as designed.  I see where I can loosen two screws to remove the whole assembly from the kettle, and then remove two more screws to slide the burner tube from the bracket, but my concern is detaching and reattaching the two wires to the tube itself.  I don't want to pull on anything and break it, or not be able to reattach either of the two wires.  Is it possible to just source and replace the tube or do I need to do the whole kit?

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp?product_id=10401
« Last Edit: Today at 04:13:20 AM by Babekyu »
Weber Spirit/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: Today at 05:21:02 AM »
I feel like I should replace the burner tube because it has what seems to be a long crack.  Not sure if it's a legitimate crack, or if it's corroded.  The burner and igniter assembly works, but the flame comes out all along the crack.  I'd rather just have the flame come out the end, as designed.  I see where I can loosen two screws to remove the whole assembly from the kettle, and then remove two more screws to slide the burner tube from the bracket, but my concern is detaching and reattaching the two wires to the tube itself.  I don't want to pull on anything and break it, or not be able to reattach either of the two wires.  Is it possible to just source and replace the tube or do I need to do the whole kit?

https://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp?product_id=10401
I recommend getting the whole kit - and that's a great price at the link you provided.  Use SS screws, washers and nuts to prevent future rusting.  I did the same with one of mine a couple years back and it works great. 

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: Today at 06:27:48 AM »
@JEBIV is a grate source! I got same sweep from home a year or so ago for an E code. I’m gonna start a detail clean - parts refresh on my Black Walnut Performer to jump in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club