Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone ever consider meal prep?  (Read 3075 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Anyone ever consider meal prep?
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:26:59 AM »
I made a goal this year to lose weight, get back in the gym and change my nutrition. I successfully lost 65 lbs over the year cutting out shit food, mostly processed stuff and the hardest was cutting back on the alcohol. So, I looked into meal prepping. I figured this would be a way to ensure I had a healthy meal every day and so far for the year it has worked extremely well. Nothing fancy just basic foods and ingredients. The rest of the day I’m just mindful of what I eat. Still have pizza, ribs, and the occasional Steak ‘n Shake triple burger but not everyday and don’t go crazy with it.
Anyways, I’d thought I’d share what I made for my lunch dinners this week. It’s grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes, brown rice, black beans and broccoli. The ingredients change every few weeks so I don’t get burned out but this is basically what I’ve been doing. Normally use sweet potatoes but we’re having russets tonight so may as well use that.

Take care guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Anyone ever consider meal prep?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
I usually grill enough at night to have leftovers for lunch. I hardly ever eat fast food.

Are those your lunches for a tire week?  That’s a great way to do it. I don’t always have access to a microwave. I may have to chuck the go anywhere gas in the truck to warm up leftovers.

Congrats on the weight loss and the moderation. It’s not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Anyone ever consider meal prep?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:56:09 AM »
Thanks man. Yes, those are for the whole work week. Depending on the shift depends on what I’ve been making but I just pop them in the microwave (if needed) and warm them up.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 12:26:03 PM »
Awesome prep work, Tami plans most meals and enough leftovers for lunches for both of us. We try to maintain a low carb lifestyle for weight loss/control and health as well. Hats off for the weight loss and the planning. You must plan well if you want to eat healthy.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 12:58:56 PM »
Travis! Food for thought man! Great idea on the week long prep. I need to lose a bunch of pounds. Giving up the rum will be tough though. Glad to hear your success.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 01:07:29 PM »
Congrats @Travis!  Making a simple (not necessarily easy) change like that and seeing actual results is something to be really proud of!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Here another one that doesn’t require a re-heat of any kind. Pasta noodles, diced cucumber and tomato, pre cooked shrimp (grilled would be better, just done for ease) and topped with green onion and Italian dressing drizzled over. Literally takes like 20 minutes to make.

Oops... wrong meal prep [emoji1787] Here it is

db3694

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 02:44:47 PM »
Awesome man.  I need to do the same thing.  Thanks for sharing.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »

Wow. Congratulations Travis.  65 lbs is quite an accomplishment.  Bet you feel like a new man.   Nothing wrong with eating healthy.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
Congrats on the weight loss Travis. I need to do the same. The meals look great. I just bought bigger pants today, only one pair because I plan on this being temporary.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 09:38:36 PM »
Travis, I I never realized that! Dude, you’re a rail the last time I saw you. That’s grate!

My wife and I subscribe to EMeals.com and choose the heart healthy menu. For about five bucks a month you get a menu, recipes, and a shopping list. We love it and it takes the thought out of “what’s for dinner”. We’ve done this for about five years and we love it! (This is not a commercial and I have no financial stake in this, we simply love this convenience)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 01:13:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Travis, that’s so awesome!  I’m sure you’re saving a bunch of money too!   

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 12:42:32 AM »
Great work! Inspired me to prep breakfasts for this week.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 04:22:24 AM »
Great work! Inspired me to prep breakfasts for this week.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
That’s a great start!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 06:31:29 AM »
Soooo you're a prepper huh?

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.