Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pot luck pork butt  (Read 834 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Pot luck pork butt
« on: December 17, 2018, 05:08:39 PM »
At work we are going to have a Christmas potluck.  Decided to do a hickory smoked pork shoulder for some pulled pork sandwiches.  I know I have already posted pork shoulder cooks before but I wanted to show my coworkers (my awesome unit team) how I cooked it.  I made a basic BBQ rub.  Applied mustard first so the rub would stick better.  Used Royal Oak lump charcoal on my Crimson Weber kettle with the Cajun Bandit Stacker attachment.  Started the fire with one lighter cube and slowly raised the grate temperature to 255.  I then added two chunks of hickory wood and also added a water pan to catch drippings as well as to help regulate the grate temperature.  I used two temperature probes one for grate temp and one for the meat.  The grate temp varied form 250 to 275.  When the meat temp reached 165 I double wrapped with foil and cooked until the internal temp reached 197. Pulled it from the smoker and let it rest till it was cool enough to be pulled. 
Here are some pics...   

Pork-butt-1-2018.jpg" border="0

Pork-butt-2-2018.jpg" border="0

Pork-butt-7-2018.jpg" border="0

I forgot to show a pic of the entire rig so I posted a pic of a previous cook.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:03:35 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Pot luck pork butt
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »
Keep us posted.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »
Keep us posted.

Finally got it the way I wanted it.  Had some issues with pics.  All fixed now.   ;D
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »
Anyone here that doesn't love pulled pork done this way, please stand up  ...  no one, heh, I thought so !!!   Great looking Shoulder ...

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 03:01:46 AM »
Nice!  Looks perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 03:23:07 AM »
That looks perfect
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill