Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cast iron appreciation thread  (Read 158177 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Cast iron appreciation thread
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2020, 04:37:31 PM »
Another CGA+Craycort cook, this time a simple strip.  Made my cross marks and then slid the whole grate over indirect until 135F.  Love this setup for grilling one or two steaks.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #256 on: May 03, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »
Love my craycorts I have the gas go anywhere set that I alternate to each gas and charcoal. And I also have 2 of 2 sided the griddle plates
Another CGA+Craycort cook, this time a simple strip.  Made my cross marks and then slid the whole grate over indirect until 135F.  Love this setup for grilling one or two steaks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2020, 03:14:30 PM »
Had one of those cray cort cga griddles...got on one of their deep discount sales.. but never ended up using it...so I passed it on to Joey c in Gloucester bc he has.a great appreciation for the cga. Think he liked it as well if I recall

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »
Excited to pick this #8 small logo Griswold this week.     Fb Market place find.  Planning for it to my daily driver.  Sooo smooth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2020, 04:19:22 PM »
Griswolds are the best!

MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2021, 03:21:50 PM »
I forgot about this thread! I recently found this Dutch oven in my parents old camping stuff. In the process of stripping and reseasoning it. This thing is the stinkiest pan I've redone so far!  From what I can find out it's an unknown foundry. I've also got 7 or 8 other pans in the lye bath I'm in the process of redoing, mostly to sell. I'll be posting pictures as I finish them!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2021, 08:41:29 AM »
Got all the rancid gummy oil and rust cleaned off the lid. Still working on the pot, the outside has thicker burned on crud that's being stubborn.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2021, 09:22:43 AM »
Got all the rancid gummy oil and rust cleaned off the lid. Still working on the pot, the outside has thicker burned on crud that's being stubborn.

Looking good.  I’ve been trying to id your Dutch oven.  Wagner and griswold used concentric ring drippers on the lid.  Bsr and Martin don’t like that either.  Your lid looks like lodge as they usually have pointed drippers.   The mystery is the oven itself.  Maybe the lid and oven may not be a match?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2021, 09:46:32 AM »
It looks just like my lodge. I’ll have to pull it out and see if there’s anything on the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2021, 03:43:52 PM »
It's similar to a lodge, especially the baster design on the lid but it's not a lodge. The pan diameter is a little smaller than a lodge. This one measures 10" across, a #8 lodge dutch oven is a little bit bigger.  From what I've found out this one is from an unknown foundry.
It looks just like my lodge. I’ll have to pull it out and see if there’s anything on the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2021, 11:24:28 AM »
Finished up the nasty dutch oven I got a few weeks ago, and a 14 inch unmarked Wagner #12. Unfortunately the #12 has some surface pitting.

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2021, 02:57:19 PM »
Looking good!

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2021, 03:45:29 PM »
Came a across a local collector looking to part with a Griswold large slant logo #14 skillet, my grail!!

So I had to break out my collection to see what I could part with to get it, so I thought I would share my collection as I have never taken photos of all of it together!

Some have not yet been restored, so please no judgements!

Zrschaef

• WKC Brave
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2021, 05:24:01 PM »
Came a across a local collector looking to part with a Griswold large slant logo #14 skillet, my grail!!

So I had to break out my collection to see what I could part with to get it, so I thought I would share my collection as I have never taken photos of all of it together!

Nice collection you have there!

acast285

• WKC Brave
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2021, 05:41:57 PM »

Nice collection you have there!

Thanks! My wife may disagree! [emoji23]