Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC confessions  (Read 5741 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: WKC confessions
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »
How do you know your significant other doesn't just tell you it is red to make you happy?
I'll also confess to having to look up protanopia.

I have a red SSP.  I also have protanopia type colourblindness.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:31:10 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
WKC confessions
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »
I have 9 projects that I really need to work on. I have 3 grills still in boxes that I have not looked at (2) NIB Reds Limited Edition and NIB (1) Blue Miler Lite 22 That I have at the house up north.

I need to admit I really don't understand the people that need to lie to their spouse. I am the MAN of the house and I can do whatever I WANT!... as long as the wife don't find out. LOL ;D ::).

https://youtu.be/t7Y0I91rubg

Sent from my iPad
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:09:39 PM by Shoestringshop »
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Paul S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
Remember, there's always an option!
RetireCheapJC says: There's always an option.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »
Remember, there's always an option!

LOL

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 01:52:44 PM »

I have 9 projects that I really need to work on. I have 3 grills still in boxes that I have not looked at (2) NIB Reds Limited Edition and NIB (1) Blue Miler Lite 22 That I have at the house up north.

I need to admit I really don't understand the people that need to lie to their spouse. I am the MAN of the house and I can do whatever I WANT!... as long as the wife don't find out. LOL ;D ::).

https://youtu.be/t7Y0I91rubg

Sent from my iPad

Wife said no? I thought she said GO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »
I’m making pork chops and sweet potatoes tonight on my Weber Kettle while wearing a Char-Broil t-shirt. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 03:39:08 PM »
78’ MBH lime, still in pieces. In my defense... I have stuff that is more rare, that I do cook on.
... interested in moving it along? 78 is my birthyear and I don't have a lime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sorry man. My girl doesn’t let me sell them. It will go into rotation though.
Still need a 22” yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 04:25:15 PM »
78’ MBH lime, still in pieces. In my defense... I have stuff that is more rare, that I do cook on.

Hey Dude, too lazy to search the forums but isn’t that Lime one that she scored for you or something like that? Take er’ easy Dude.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2018, 04:27:30 PM »

Hey Dude, too lazy to search the forums but isn’t that Lime one that she scored for you or something like that? Take er’ easy Dude.

The very same one. She found it on a weekend. Made the 3hr round trip, all on her own. While I slept in.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Still need a 22” yellow

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2018, 04:59:06 PM »
Does she have a sister?

The very same one. She found it on a weekend. Made the 3hr round trip, all on her own. While I slept in.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
regards,
Hal

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2018, 05:36:19 PM »
Lighter fluid is fun!

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2018, 05:56:35 PM »
Twice a year during bulk trash collection days I get irritated and paranoid thinking that there is a yellow Weber grill sitting at the curb somewhere that I missed because the city changed the trash bins to Packers colors.

IMG_1886.jpg" border="0

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2018, 01:16:00 PM »
On 9/4 I bought a black "open box" patent pending MBH.
No box, so in the back of my mind I was like "riiiiiight".
But, nobody would clean it so well for what I paid for it.  Plus, after cleaning it, they basically would have had to age it to the dust & dirt on it to make it look as if its been sitting somewhere out of the box for quite a long time (like in a garage/shed/warehouse/basement).  When I looked, none of the dust, dirt or discoloration seems to be any ash or anything from a cook.  I'll have to double check for sure, but the cooking grate even seemed a bit heavier duty.  (I'm going to weigh it & try measuring the diameter if I can figure out what I did with my calipers).  Lastly, the pictures on the ad were just so bad & the price was so cheap, it was apparent the seller had no idea.

I went to get it because of the bit of the back of a wheel I saw in one of the pics.  When I removed the legs & the triangle, they seemed so light I assumed the wheels were transitional plastic ones.  I then flicked my fingernail against it because I thought they looked like pics of the steel wheels, but I decided it must be plastic (but I was still happy because oh, the new shiny shape they were in under the dust anyway). 

Later, I started looking at pics on WKC to see if I could find any transitional plastic wheels that were molded to look like the steel wheels from 62 on.  I could not find any pics of any such thing, which made me wonder.

So, today, I took a magnet to the back of my Avalanche (where it's been sitting since I bought it).  They are steel.  WOOT!

So, in addition to my happy score, my confession is that I kind of stupidly thought a pair of basically old stock steel wheels MUST be plastic AND that I've had this basically new old stock patent pending black MBH w/steel wheels in the back of my Chevy Avalanche for 11 days & counting.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:07:15 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2018, 06:23:17 AM »
Vortex, and KettlePizza, cast iron pans, and Dutch oven. The items I need. I do not use the KettlePizza as much as I would like, but it is great to have when doing bread, pizza, or cookies. I also use it for cooking the little cocktail weenies wrapped in a Crescent Roll.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2018, 02:34:30 PM »
This is a bad one and I feel ashamed.

Tonight is my first time making chicken wings. Wish me luck.