Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Compact Rapidfire Charcoal Starter and Smokey Joe Silver.  (Read 911 times)

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
Weber Compact Rapidfire Charcoal Starter and Smokey Joe Silver.
« on: September 19, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »
I am working on portability with my Smokey Joe and the needed stuff. Digging for ideas here folks...

I've seen guys here post up how they stash their compact rapidfire charcoal starters in their Charcoal Go Anywhere Grills, but I have a Smokey Joe....

SO the question I have is, with the CGA, the cooking grate is removed and slid under the legs to make it fit. With the Smokey Joe, I am thinking I can remove the cooking grate, and place it in a plastic bag in the bottom of my Smokey Joe carry bag, but will the compact charcoal starter fit in the Smokey Joe Silver with the lid on at that point?
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Weber Compact Rapidfire Charcoal Starter and Smokey Joe Silver.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »
Just tested for you and it fits; you could put both the charcoal grate and cooking grate on top of the compact chimney starter and the lid will still fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 11:55:14 AM »
Heading off to Amazon to make the order now. A thousand thank yous!
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 04:30:18 PM »
Charlie is the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »
   Hmmm three weber charcoal caddies, I love them and they're very portable. I've only got two myself.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
The box was at the front door this morning. Unfortunately I've been busy with other things I will have to unbox it and test it out a little bit.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 10:06:35 PM »
OK I am glad to report that it works but not exactly as was illustrated. Take the charcoal grate out put me chimney in and rotated up a little bit so that the handle of the chimney is towards the top of the bowl so the whole thing can assist a little lower. Put the cooking grate on top of that and the charcoal grate on top of the cooking great if I do it with the charcoal grate under the cooking grate the charcoal grate is just a Tadd too high but with a charcoal grate on top the lid closes perfectly.