Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC confessions  (Read 5750 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Re: WKC confessions
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »
78’ MBH lime, still in pieces. In my defense... I have stuff that is more rare, that I do cook on.
... interested in moving it along? 78 is my birthyear and I don't have a lime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 10:30:45 PM »
78’ MBH lime, still in pieces. In my defense... I have stuff that is more rare, that I do cook on.
... interested in moving it along? 78 is my birthyear and I don't have a lime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

@inkaddictedchef1 just be patient. hint hint,  ;) ;)8)

I don't like MBH's. I usually just give them away. Yes, even the rare and colorful ones.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 10:44:50 PM »
Before I learned about the chimney starter (years ago), I used lighter fluid (oh the horror!)
+1[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 05:28:18 AM »
This is a cool thread, I feel like I should be lying on a couch while letting it all out LOL I should donate the customary hourly rate to the club
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 05:37:45 AM »
My kids are young so sometimes dinner can't take much time.  I contemplate getting a gas Go-Anywhere or small Q series for quick cooks but it's like the angel and devil on each shoulder.  I'm getting better at using the mini chimney and using very little charcoal on the CGA to speed up my time to start cooking.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 06:08:36 AM »
This is a cool thread, I feel like I should be lying on a couch while letting it all out LOL I should donate the customary hourly rate to the club

At my job they call that donating you're "fair share" LOL

@kettlebb I had the same reservations until I found this Q at Lowes for a steal. I mainly use it for lean chicken to throw in my salads for work. Nothing will replace charcoal flavor but with good seasoning it's decent. I wouldn't pay full price for a gasser but for this Q BNIB I said it's now or never LOL.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 07:02:44 AM »
I want to be your friend & I have relatives in CA that I can draft to pick up & store the rare & colorful ones for me.  Usually, I'm more subtle, but there are rare & colorful kettles at stake.

I don't like MBH's. I usually just give them away. Yes, even the rare and colorful ones.
I have a big green egg on my patio so I can point to it when yuppie friends come over and they try to stunt.
Easy-off is your friend.
I will pay no more than $25 for a one touch gold.
Free kettles are usually too much effort.
Taco handles and extended bowl handles are ugly.
Gas assist sounds awesome but is overrated.
All I want is a 26" performer.
I want to try out an SCG.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:04:45 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 07:02:54 AM »
Damn, for $50 BNIB that's great.  Thanks for the tip @JayyyR
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 07:04:11 AM »
I want to be your friend & I have relatives in CA that I can draft to pick up & store the rare & colorful ones for me. 

I have a big green egg on my patio so I can point to it when yuppie friends come over and they try to stunt.
Easy-off is your friend.
I will pay no more than $25 for a one touch gold.
Free kettles are usually too much effort.
Taco handles and extended bowl handles are ugly.
Gas assist sounds awesome but is overrated.
All I want is a 26" performer.
I want to try out an SCG.

Same here @pbe gummi bear I can ship from CA for a good price now so if you find any yellow, lime, blue, or chestnut MBH grills please shoot me a note.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 07:39:34 AM »

I’m with you Lawrence

Although I like them, other than our original ‘78 we bought new, and a freebie ‘78 I just picked up, all my MBHs have moved on to happy owners - my 18 lime MBH, multiple MBH reds, a MLH, and yes, my favorite, the green ‘78 MBH.

Sold an Avocado Kamado, but still have the green Diem Kamado.

Gave some lighter fluid to my neighbor, but kept a bottle, just because.

Sold the Genesis 3K, but use the Copper Genesis all the time.

Don’t care for the CGAs, but really like the Lodge CI hibachi - special gift from Alvin.
Dude, relax your chicken.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
WKC confessions
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 07:41:16 AM »
I have more 22” accessories than actual 22” kettles.

I have a strict no taco tolerance rule. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:45:39 AM by Mr.CPHo »

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »
I let a New Braunfels Bandera smoker rust out in the elements because I didn't have space for it in the garage. (The Webers take up FAR less floor space in the garage!). My wife is still mad at me over that one.
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
WKC confessions
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 08:40:25 AM »
I purchased a complete SSP for $25 intending to scrap everything but the frame.  The bowl had the spiderweb pocs and the lid was bad faded.  I had plans for a portable sink and thought the frame would work perfectly. Got it home and remembered I had just replaced the lid and bowl on my Gen 2.  The extra bow and lid worked perfectly so now I have 2 great performers.  The project will still take place but I will find an old square tube frame gasser. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:42:14 AM by Seth1025 »

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 08:55:06 AM »
I have more 22” accessories than actual 22” kettles.

I have a strict no taco tolerance rule.

* I happen to like the "Taco" for the heat shield that keeps my hands from burning when picking up the lid, and protecting my Zav custom wood handles.
* I started out grilling YEARS ago with the blue bag and lots of lighter fluid. Thankfully, I saw the "Light".
* I was given an OLD Weber 22" kettle (marked as a Demo) as my first real grill years ago. Somewhere in a divorce, I lost it. Knowing what I know now, I wish I still had it... the grill, not my ex.
* I had a small camp size Coleman gasser that I used for camping. Hated it. It hit the trash after two years or so.
* I have learned there is a difference between "collecting" and "gathering"... not sure how to classify myself.
* I have found the older I get, the harder it is to stay away from "certain isles" in Lowes and HD... :-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 09:27:58 AM »
I have a red SSP.  I also have protanopia type colourblindness.