Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Poll

What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal/Ranch) Kettle?

<$100
12 (23.5%)
$101-$200
17 (33.3%)
$201-500
16 (31.4%)
$500-750
0 (0%)
$750-$1000
1 (2%)
$1000+
1 (2%)
I prefer to not disclose.
4 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal) Kettle?  (Read 5620 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal) Kettle?
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:27:47 AM »
It's rare that I will spend more than $100 for a grill unless it's a performer. The most I've paid for a kettle is $200 shipped for a barely used 26r. How about you? Any memorable stories to share? Have you forgotten about the initial pain from your wallet because you love your grill so much?  ;D Do tell!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal) Kettle?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!  That’s kind of a personal question.  Now, let me tell you about the last time me & the wife had sex...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 08:46:45 AM »
$ 70

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:02:57 AM »
175 w/tax
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal) Kettle?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 09:03:35 AM »
A couple months after joining, I came across a 22” Lime on OfferUp listed for $160.  Back then I described the price as “exorbitant” and “out of my price range”.  I posted it here in the online finds section, but the seller wouldn’t budge on his price and it remained on OfferUp for months.   

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=25590

Eventually, Weberitis got the best of me, and I couldn’t resist any longer.  I remember it was a Saturday, my wife was at work, and I wasn’t sure how she’d react to my splurge.  When she saw it, she absolutely LOVED the color... I don’t think the price tag ever came up during our conversation and I’m absolutely ok with that.  Here’s the first cook:

First cook on a lime - Snapper and chimichurri verde  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=27193

It’s amusing to look back and see how my paradigm has shifted.  Although this Lime remains one of the more expensive kettles I’ve purchased, it definitely opened the door (and wallet) to more vintage colored kettles.

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 09:05:22 AM »
199$ new red Le but I love it it Cooks like a bitch

Sent from my VS988 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:14:01 AM »
I use my wife's money so I never paid for any grill
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:30:01 AM »
$250 BNIB "EO" RedMist SSP...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »
Hmmm. fun question. I think it's $250, or maybe $225. But when it's a virtually NOS Red SS Performer, bought from original owner, original tags and warning stickers, full original tank, bin full of original lump, original mint cover, with manuals and the goofy match holder wire thingy, you don't ask questions like that. It's definitely the most I've spent on a grill I won't use.

FYI - taking these pics was the longest this grill has ever been outside. It's in my workweek apartment in Arlington now.
Retired

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 09:47:33 AM »
Most I have ever paid was I think $85 for my red M/T that I bought from @LightningBoldtz It was my first non black kettle inspired by the one Alton Brown used in some of his old grilling Good Eats episodes. It also the one that kicked off Weberitis and the craving/urge to buy more.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »
80 bucks my kraft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 12:28:27 PM »
Most i ever spent was 279.00 for my new Ivory master touch, which was my first weber grill, but the next one being shipped will be a little higher than that!!

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »
I was pretty bummed about the whole Limited Edition Red fiasco with the Patio World connection. They were great don't get me wrong, kudos to them for the sales, but all in all, I over paid for it. Damn near $300 when the shipping costs hit. O well, i'll learn from it.

Still in box btw, can't bring myself to open it..... yet.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »
Hmmm. fun question. I think it's $250, or maybe $225. But when it's a virtually NOS Red SS Performer, bought from original owner, original tags and warning stickers, full original tank, bin full of original lump, original mint cover, with manuals and the goofy match holder wire thingy, you don't ask questions like that. It's definitely the most I've spent on a grill I won't use.

FYI - taking these pics was the longest this grill has ever been outside. It's in my workweek apartment in Arlington now.

Little tall for a coffee table but would make a nice end table with a lamp on it!
What a beauty.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »
About $300 Can. each for new Canadian Limited Edition Master Touch in Spring Green, Ivory, Smoke and a Limited Edition Red. So, grand total of about $1200 for these 4 kettles.