Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Poll

What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal/Ranch) Kettle?

<$100
12 (23.5%)
$101-$200
17 (33.3%)
$201-500
16 (31.4%)
$500-750
0 (0%)
$750-$1000
1 (2%)
$1000+
1 (2%)
I prefer to not disclose.
4 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal) Kettle?  (Read 5617 times)

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
Re: What's the most you've paid for a (non Summit Charcoal) Kettle?
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:42 AM »

Hmmm. fun question. I think it's $250, or maybe $225. But when it's a virtually NOS Red SS Performer, bought from original owner, original tags and warning stickers, full original tank, bin full of original lump, original mint cover, with manuals and the goofy match holder wire thingy, you don't ask questions like that. It's definitely the most I've spent on a grill I won't use.

FYI - taking these pics was the longest this grill has ever been outside. It's in my workweek apartment in Arlington now.

A “safe house” for his Weber???
That most expensive grill tab just keeps going up....

Ding! Ding! Ding ! Ding!!! I think we have a winner!!!!

Now THATS weberitis!!!!

Vinny

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »

Is this before or after a restoration? Like money spent on purchasing or money spent on purchase and restore?

However you want to define it. I'm sure many of us have spent more on handles/parts/grates than we initially paid for the grill.  8)

That case, 40 was the most. Restoration costs on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Rollin coal

26" 2010 AD Code (Black), 22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” 2018 CB (Crimson),22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2018, 12:33:31 PM »
A “safe house” for his Weber???

"Safe house" is right -  it's not the only kettle I keep here. Good thing my wife never makes the drive! No grilling allowed, so all I keep here are lookers.
Retired

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2018, 12:44:17 PM »
So jealous!!!
And I was worried about washing one in the tub...
Lol

Vinny

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2018, 01:54:43 AM »
It's rare that I will spend more than $100 for a grill unless it's a performer. The most I've paid for a kettle is $200 shipped for a barely used 26r. How about you? Any memorable stories to share? Have you forgotten about the initial pain from your wallet because you love your grill so much?  ;D Do tell!
$312 for ivory Bnib and $325 for DE 26er Bnib

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2018, 03:26:59 AM »
$20 for my near-mint PP Warrior.
However, my wife spent $100 on my first kettle when she gave it to me 3 years ago. Does that count?
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2018, 04:14:24 AM »
$150.00 for a NIB Copper 22 OTG.  At a silent auction for the Police Academy Alumni Association and it came with a TON of extra doo-dads and rubs and charcoal and tools and gift cards to a local butcher and.....

Best $150 Spent!!!

Least amount was an O code SJ  It was pretty bad.  Picked it up for the legs and wooden handle...

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2018, 04:46:43 AM »
$160 for a Yachtsman. Traded her for my Brave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2018, 06:21:01 AM »
$150 for my first red SSP and then $175 for a Grass Green Gen 2. Both have good porcelain and good bones, so they’ve remained strong values and used regularly. Oh and $180 for a mint blue Gen 3 Performer.

Truth be told, it’s the cheaper grills with cosmetic issues I’ve thought weren’t as good values. Can’t reconcile that with rational thought.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2018, 06:25:07 AM »
$150 for my first red SSP and then $175 for a Grass Green Gen 2. Both have good porcelain and good bones, so they’ve remained strong values and used regularly. Oh and $180 for a mint blue Gen 3 Performer.

Truth be told, it’s the cheaper grills with cosmetic issues I’ve thought weren’t as good values. Can’t reconcile that with rational thought.
I can't even spell rational when it comes to grill purchases so that is why I use my wife's money @addicted-to-smoke
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2018, 07:25:02 AM »
Same here. I've been outta work for awhile; she's been buying grills and accessories for years. (And reaping the benefits of course ... )
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
$500 for my ranch, otherwise, $90 for my yellow 22", but even that was only 45 dollars for me because a co-worker paid half for it as a birthday present... But I was prepared to pay more than that if necessary!!...lol
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2018, 04:29:06 PM »
$350 for my first Ranch, BNIB.
$270 for my second Ranch, used once.
$200 for my third Ranch, BNIB.

have to love CL and auctions.  (Picked up the third one because:   A) I'd given the 2nd one to my SIL and brother and I missed it, and B) like a fish hitting a lure in one of those TV commercials, if I see a RK for under $250 at an auction, I'm buying it and will figure the rest out later.