Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Basic rotisserie vs not-rotisserie question re: TURKEY  (Read 4829 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Basic rotisserie vs not-rotisserie question re: TURKEY
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »

Cajun bandit. Coupon code turkey10 will save you 10%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^
This

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Results like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 02:39:16 AM »
Cajon bandit also gives a veteran discount.
After my research, I have found that fit a few more dollars, the CB is a better roti. Just depends how often you are gonna use it much

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:12 PM »
After my research, I have found that fit a few more dollars, the CB is a better roti. Just depends how often you are gonna use it much

I ended up getting the "upgraded" cheap one off amazon for two reasons, my wife looked pissed when i said i was going to spend that much on the cajun bandit and with prime, it might be here in time to do a test cook this weekend.  "upgraded" means it has the lip that's supposed to fit like the lid instead of the three tabs that the non upgrade one has.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 02:08:05 AM »

I ended up getting the "upgraded" cheap one off amazon for two reasons, my wife looked pissed when i said i was going to spend that much on the cajun bandit and with prime, it might be here in time to do a test cook this weekend.  "upgraded" means it has the lip that's supposed to fit like the lid instead of the three tabs that the non upgrade one has.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I didn't know there was an upgrade version. You'll be happy in sure.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »

I don’t stuff my bird, except for a few slices of apples to add to the flavor. A stuffed bird extends your cooking time by a bunch, and, more than likely, your breast will be dry. I do two birds every year, and my family loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

I am planning to spin my first turkey for TG and am wondering about putting fruit inside. Maybe apples and pears?  Should they be seasoned? Left whole or peeled and cut up?  How many?  Any advice would be appreciated

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »
Putting anything other than spice slows down the cooking. You want air flow through the bird. Try coshire salt all over inside and out and under the skin for 24 hrs. Then season with Simon and Garfunkel rub the same way just before to cook.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 01:23:23 PM »

I don’t stuff my bird, except for a few slices of apples to add to the flavor. A stuffed bird extends your cooking time by a bunch, and, more than likely, your breast will be dry. I do two birds every year, and my family loves it.

I am planning to spin my first turkey for TG and am wondering about putting fruit inside. Maybe apples and pears?  Should they be seasoned? Left whole or peeled and cut up?  How many?  Any advice would be appreciated

I just take about one apple about the size of a baseball and slice it up into wedges. I place the whole, unseasoned apple and core in the bird. I still season the outside of the bird though. Don’t eat the apple wedges after you’re done lol learned that the hard way. I’ve never used pears but sounds interesting. Good luck!

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 02:14:08 PM »
@schaefd2  thanks for that info. Does the fruit flavor come thru to the meat?  Just womdering