Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spirit II  (Read 1490 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Spirit II
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:48:31 AM »
Over at TVWBB, a staffer at a dealer is spilling the beans about Spirits being redesigned for 2018, along with two new Genesis models.

Rather than paste it all here, this is the thread link: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?71446-2018-Spirit-II-Gas-Grill-Redesign

Summary: Open carts like Genesis has now, and some colored lids, too, along with the expected iGrill compatibility.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
Re: Spirit II
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 06:34:51 AM »
They look as good as the genesis open cart. The 2017 spirit model that is now selling at a discount will also get you a cart. It is hard to believe that the internal components for 2018 would be any better.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Spirit II
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:55:24 AM »
I think that thread stated the burners and whatnot are the same as 2017 models. So if those don't last as long as whatever the Genesis has, that'd be cause for concern. Or not! It's a cheaper grill! But the open frame chassis has "got" to last longer than the rust-attractor now offered.

I'm still fascinated by the industry's aversion for nearly the last 20 years, to owners being "forced" to see their LP tanks. Even today, on this forum we've derided Weber's choice on the new Genesis to not completely hide the tank. The horror!

"Honey, don't have the guests sit to the right of the grill. Move the dining table. Can't you see the TANK is exposed?. Get one of the kids to paint it or something. ANYTHING, for God's sake! They'll be arriving in 30 minutes!"

I really don't follow any of these grills very much, and have never known what the core Spirit vs. Genesis differences were in recent years, or are, going forward.

But "going forward" is the point of my thread here, to learn if the 2018 models can be judged by what they offer, not by what the previous models did.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch