Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: grill frame tubing size?  (Read 2017 times)

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
grill frame tubing size?
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:51:59 AM »
Hey kids,  Does anyone know what sized tubing your standard gas/ssp grill frames are?  I was thinking it would be cool to build the frame for my little brewery out of a gasser or SSP frame.  I wonder how much weight the wheels could take.  The max weight of three full vessels would be something like 400lbs...but can't see all three being completely completely full all at once on a brew day.  So maybe half of that.  I guess I could use heavier tubing for the frame and the just use weber accessories (slat table, hooks, handles, etc) to add flair to the whole thing.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
grill frame tubing size?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 07:38:47 AM »
Top frame and vertical legs are square tubing 1-1/4", horizontal tubing for lower frame is 1".

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:39:43 PM by Mr.CPHo »

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
grill frame tubing size?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »
Thanks Mr.CHPo!  That actually could work.  I would reinforce of course.  For those that arent familiar with this kind of thing, it'd be single tier gas fired.  Imagine a low frame with 3 smokey mountains...kind of like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
Re: grill frame tubing size?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 05:40:14 PM »
Someone had one up for sale locally i couldn't help but think it looked similar to a ssp frame. And i'd love to brew my own beer so i thought it was super cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 06:08:53 PM »
Pretty cool, but mine will be horizontal using pumps instead of gravity.  More like this:

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
grill frame tubing size?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
Pumps = more stuff to clean and sanitize I made a gravity brew system I just figured the less stuff I have to worry about keeping clean the better and less stuff to break have you been brewing awhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:32:03 PM by northwestkettle »
BBQ to live live to BBQ

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:04:41 AM »
Oh man, this is going to lead me to a rabbit hole filled with home brew

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
grill frame tubing size?
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 03:25:13 AM »
@northwestkettle
No need to sanitize on the hot side/preboil.  Anything on the cold side gets starsan.  Cleaning the is pretty simple.  Just recirculate PBW through the bits that need it. My kettles and hoses and everything else are all quick disconnects so it all comes apart quickly.  I've been brewing for a little over 15 years now.  I just don't have a permenant rig.  Kettles are on burners on the ground.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:30:40 AM by blksabbath »

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »
@blksabbath give us an update on the brewing rig.  I have (3) half barrel kegs on deck for my own build.  Would love to see your setup.  Especially if it has Weber styling.

Whit

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »
Eh, horizontal, vertical, do I really care? No I do not. Alls I needs is blksabbath's address and the date/time to show up.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 05:25:36 AM »
I'm still in the planning phase.  @Bob BQ hooked me up with a few donor frames and various parts from his personal Weber Pick'N'Pull yard in exchange for welding a couple of supports for a SSP he is working on.  Anyways, my big hang-up right now is time.  It's happening, but much slower than I would like.