Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill grates from Rub  (Read 5114 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Grill grates from Rub
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
Thanks @Rub

I appreciate it bro!

Rub sent me some items.

Grill grates, swamp boys original sauce, and swamp boys rub

Received them today and in my typical fashion I wasted no time. I showed the items to my 17 year old daughter. She opened the sauce first and smelled it. She just said "whoa". Now she doesn't know someone sent me this sauce or anything about it. She tasted it and instantly said it was her new favorite sauce. I tasted it next and I really can't describe it accurately other than to say it's amazing.

I preceded to dust some pork chops with the rub and fire up with the grill with some lump and briqs leftover. Placed the grill grates on half vented everything for awhile until the all members of the family were home. Placed the chops anywhere I could and cooked some sweet peppers with pepper jack.  I left the bottom vent closed and the lid off which allowed me to get sear marks from the holes and not the grates. Some fancy footwork there [emoji3][emoji41]

Anyways, some damn good grub for a Monday. Can't wait to play with the grill grates more. A huge thank you to @Rub and I will be ordering your sauce at a minimum. Amazing magical stuff man. Really awesome.

Keep in mind it's only Monday [emoji54][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Frales

• Smokey Joe
Re: Grill grates from Rub
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »
Looks great! Enjoy your fine eats.

Madpap

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:32:32 PM »
Where can we get the sauce and rub?

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 05:40:49 PM »
Delish!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 06:03:27 PM »

I would check with @Rub

I'm not sure yet.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 06:03:51 PM »
Glad it all arrived safe and sound and the sauce is a hit. I'm trying to spread the word on it one bottle at a time and count on word of mouth. So thanks!
On the GrillGrates, I've never seen that happen before! Some fancy footwork indeed lol. I open all vents and get the grates pretty hot, usually 500-600°. You want the meat to sizzle when you put it on. It looks like your grates were a little too cool. When I do 1.25" ribeyes the total cook time is about 8 minutes. Those chops I'm guessing maybe 6 mins? Regardless your groceries look great and are making me hungry. I love chops and sweet peppers. Thanks again.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:07:29 PM by Rub »
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 06:44:48 PM »
I'll be sure to get the grates hotter next time.

The sauce is already on ration. I had to tell the kids to take it easy so I have enough for a rib cook. Seriously great stuff, you have a winner there.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »

My website is linked under my name over on the <<left <<. I also have it at some online and brick and mortar bbq shops across the country.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 03:48:01 AM »
I will definitely have to order some of that. Thanks @Rub
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
Agree with @Rub 100%  I just did some +1" loin chops this past weekend.  Granted it was on my dad's old Char-Broil, but you gotta cook with what you got.  Five min. per side and they were done.  Maybe could've gone 4 min., but I'm working on getting my family used to pork that still has a little pink.

BD
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:55:00 AM by Big Dawg »
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
@Big Dawg you got it, pork with a little pink is the way to go! Good luck converting your family. I even do chicken breasts with a little pink.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 04:42:41 PM »
@Big Dawg those look incredible.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 04:45:49 PM »
Just used rub's swamp boys sauce for wings tonight. I'm ordering a quart tonight. The family kept asking me if I could get more. I did cheat a little as I'm an expert wing griller [emoji41]

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 05:40:01 PM »
Great looking cooks here fellas. You know your sick when you have a dream about cooking a ring of wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 06:10:51 PM »
Beautiful cooks all around!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app