Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill grates from Rub  (Read 5116 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Grill grates from Rub
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 07:22:04 AM »
Yes sir!  That stuff is just too good and I'm looking forward to trying the vinegar sauce. It's funny you mentioned getting a local store to carry it. I was just thinking last night that i could probably peddle it to a couple local stores in my area. I'll try to find a good candidate and if it works out I can be paid in sauce. [emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grill grates from Rub
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 07:25:22 AM »
By the way, I brought my leftover chicken thighs in and your sauce and everyone loved it. That's what we do. Eat leftover BBQ at 7 am almost everyday. We all grill

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:17 AM »
Regarding "but you gotta cook with what you got", it has occurred to me from using Grill Grates on a gas grill it does not matter if you have a cheap inexpensive grill or an expensive luxury grill, you will get the results that Grill Grates provides based on the temperature that you cook with. The quality of the grill is not as important. It is better to keep the old gas grill, buy a set of Grill Grates, and spend your money on steaks, or a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill.

Yeah, the Char-Broil was a hand-me-down from my Brother-in-Law who was going to toss it when he switched over to a Kettle.  I cook on it about 30-35 times a year.  Without the GGs, we would never have anything grilled at my parents' house for our weekend dinners.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 07:42:46 AM »
Yes sir!  That stuff is just too good and I'm looking forward to trying the vinegar sauce. It's funny you mentioned getting a local store to carry it. I was just thinking last night that i could probably peddle it to a couple local stores in my area. I'll try to find a good candidate and if it works out I can be paid in sauce.

You can count on that! Thanks again.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

jerr7

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:41 AM »
It seems my reply was deleted by the administrator, seems like they didn't like because i didn't agree  with their costs for shipping, Didn't say anything about the product, Thats my opinion, guess we can't have one
jerr7

Weber 22in Touch,Kamado Joe Classic
weber 18 in  kettle
weber Q 10

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 09:31:06 AM »
It seems my reply was deleted by the administrator, seems like they didn't like because i didn't agree  with their costs for shipping, Didn't say anything about the product, Thats my opinion, guess we can't have one
jerr7
It's still there near the bottom of pg. 2.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »
Holy crap the "grill grates" make an awesome griddle. Warning, you will lose some arm hair due to the holes but it is amazing. It got hotter quicker than my cast iron griddle. All around quicker and easier than my griddle. Fantastic.  I think it's cast aluminum so it's nice and light comparatively as well.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 07:37:54 PM »
jerr7

It's Reply #27
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 11:19:24 PM »
Just received my order in today. Gonna use em tomorrow on some pork loin roasts
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Grill grates from Rub
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2017, 06:58:58 AM »
I used the grates for some steaks last night. I don't have a cut picture but they were perfect medium rare. They tasted great but I  think I prefer the all over sear I get from the normal grates. However, my wife said she liked them better so who knows. Personally, I like the griddle feature the best. I think these would be absolutely incredible in a gas grill.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »
Looks like you're beginning to master them @HoosierKettle steaks look great.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Grill grates from Rub
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2017, 05:56:20 AM »
Hey rub, I brought my leftover wings in to my work that I used swamp sauce on and a couple guys said they were the best wings they had ever eaten. That's saying something too because they eat at all the best restaurants in town. Anyways im just giving a heads up that another order is coming your way. Also, I never got around to giving the last bottle to my local grill store to try out. It was too good and we used it again [emoji3]. I'll try and make that happen this time around.