Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill grates from Rub  (Read 5115 times)

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
Re: Grill grates from Rub
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 07:00:17 PM »
Regarding "but you gotta cook with what you got", it has occurred to me from using Grill Grates on a gas grill it does not matter if you have a cheap inexpensive grill or an expensive luxury grill, you will get the results that Grill Grates provides based on the temperature that you cook with. The quality of the grill is not as important. It is better to keep the old gas grill, buy a set of Grill Grates, and spend your money on steaks, or a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 08:01:42 PM »
Well it sounds like Rub's sauce is a winner so I went out and ordered the Rub n Quart combo. Then I saw the red sauce.  :o Now I love me some vinegar sauce so I added a quart of that too. Looking forward to getting these in. I'll make sure to wear my Swamp Boys - Swamp Out Cancer shirt when I cook with it.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 08:34:39 PM »
Well it sounds like Rub's sauce is a winner so I went out and ordered the Rub n Quart combo. Then I saw the red sauce.  :o Now I love me some vinegar sauce so I added a quart of that too. Looking forward to getting these in. I'll make sure to wear my Swamp Boys - Swamp Out Cancer shirt when I cook with it.
Thank you, and thanks for helping out with your support for Robin. She is doing great and just celebrated 2 years cancer free! Everybody joining in to help really made a difference in her life. Thank you.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 12:02:40 AM »
Looks good boys. Congrats 👍

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
Thank you, and thanks for helping out with your support for Robin. She is doing great and just celebrated 2 years cancer free! Everybody joining in to help really made a difference in her life. Thank you.

I'm glad to hear she's doing well. I saw the blog post where she thanked everyone but I hadn't heard  how the rest of her treatment went, two years and still cancer free is fantastic!
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »
Day 3 of grill grates and sauce. This time I made a half ass attempt at competition thighs. More of a quick and dirty version as far as prep but they were very good.  I'm not sure if the "grill grates" should be used for direct cooking the whole time or placed over the fire and used to sear at beginning or end. I cooked the thighs direct on the grates and turned and rotated as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »
One thing really striking is all of the smoke these grates create.  drippings and sauce sizzle and smoke off the lower flat portions of the grate.  I was able to cook at very high direct temperatures for almost an hour without torching the food.  It really adds to the flavor imo.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »
I've not done bone in thighs on the grates. You would have to go indirect at some point like you mentioned. I'd probably do my marks first them move them to the cooler side. Or pan them on the cool side to finish.
The grillgrates shine most on short cooks. Think steaks, burgers, dogs, chops, brats, vegetables, etc. Ten minutes total or less in my opinion.
Now boneless/skinless thighs, those are great on the GGs. Open them up, grill, rotate, flip, grill, rotate.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »

I've not done bone in thighs on the grates. You would have to go indirect at some point like you mentioned. I'd probably do my marks first them move them to the cooler side. Or pan them on the cool side to finish.
The grillgrates shine most on short cooks. Think steaks, burgers, dogs, chops, brats, vegetables, etc. Ten minutes total or less in my opinion.
Now boneless/skinless thighs, those are great on the GGs. Open them up, grill, rotate, flip, grill, rotate.

Nope, I'm going to continue my unorthodox path with these [emoji23]

Ok, so next cook I will do a high heat fast cook item.

It actually cooked pretty good on this extended cook, I just had to turn and rotate every 10 minutes or so.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 06:16:01 PM »
[emoji23] as long as you're having a good time lol!

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »
Grill Grates are "da bomb!!!" Nice job and looks [emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »

Try some fish. Salmon, Swordfish, Tuna all work brilliantly on the GrillGrates

jerr7

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 02:34:09 AM »
I went ahead to order from them But not worth $12.00 shipping charge for 1 Bottle i wanted to buy 2  but still wanted same charge wow a lot for shipping  So i pass on that , others out here has great rubs. Thats my Own Opinion
jerry
Weber 22in Touch,Kamado Joe Classic
weber 18 in  kettle
weber Q 10

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 03:05:23 AM »
The shipping is a pain in the seat meat. Probably because they aren't shipping large quantities and aren't getting any breaks.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 07:12:37 AM »
I went ahead to order from them But not worth $12.00 shipping charge for 1 Bottle i wanted to buy 2  but still wanted same charge wow a lot for shipping  So i pass on that , others out here has great rubs. Thats my Own Opinion
jerry
I really appreciate y'alls interest and willingness to try my products. I hate the shipping costs we deal with. We ship USPS Priority mail so the more you put in the box the better value shipping becomes. So by putting 2 bottles in you cut the shipping per bottle in half. We charge what we pay for shipping. I'm a special ed school teacher who's also a competition bbq team, trying to build my brand, so we ship from our house.
One great option for you guys is to go to your local bbq store and ask them to carry my products. I can work with smaller shops who only need a handful of cases, or large shops that order by the pallet. Just have them email me and I can set them up. You can be buying locally in a week at the prices on my website!
@HoosierKettle is that your order that came across to IN? Thanks!